chapter 22//

A/N

pls why does this story move so slow oh my god author hurry up oh wait i am the author

i made you a longer chapter so lets forget about the three weeks in between, ok????!?!!???!

angelica is my child i raised her and i love her they are all my children but angelica is the favourite child no competition if you dont like her dont worry she is going to mature over the course of the story and is cute and precious and i love her

"Leige-sama, so you finally decided it was time to grace us with your presence." the teacher sneered, putting what Leige thought as unnecessary stress on the "-sama" part. "Well, not that it matters, since the lesson has just finished."

Even he could almost feel the contempt rolling off of her in waves, suffocating the previously relaxed and harmonious atmosphere that clearly was because of his absence. 

Although he himself wasn't too bothered by this clear exclusion, having experienced distance with his classmates in his past life, he was pretty sure this wasn't going to be healthy for anyone's mental health if they were in his position.

All eyes were on him as he made no effort to retort to the teacher who he felt was near beyond saving, choosing to quietly return to his seat that was conveniently now next to Angelica.

The purple-haired girl avoided his gaze and noticeably shuffled away a little in her seat as he pulled out his own chair.

The quiet tension that Leige himself ignored and instead read what was on the big black board behind the teacher made Angelica increasingly more uncomfortable.

She felt conflicted. 

On one hand, she felt extremely wronged as Leige had blasted her with false accusations and insults about the difference in class between them, especially since it was her biggest insecurity. 

After all, class was everything, and it was also the one thing she could never change.

She was always going to be born a commoner, a commoner's daughter, and although she did not grow up in the true slums and was from a middle-class family, to the naïve and ignorant people in this academy it would be akin to the dirtiest of the slums, uninhabitable. 

Right now, everyone knew she was not wealthy. However, they didn't know the extent of how poor she was compared to them, and therefore although she was not accepted, she was not discriminated against.

Therefore, when Leige had continously poked at her biggest insecurity, she had lost her temper and attacked him with all she had. 

So on the other hand, she was actually feeling immense guilt about hurting him so bad that he needed to recover for more than a few hours, especially since she wasn't used to the expensive equipment and magic that could make him heal impossibly quickly and leave no signs of previous injury. 

However, the real crushing point and centre of her guilt was how good she felt after she had injured him, after he had been carried away and the rest of the class had cheered her on. 

It felt as though she had finally done the right thing, as if this was the only way for her to be accepted, to be liked. 

It was important to understand that to a girl like Angelica, who had been relatively popular in her middle school and her village, sudden exclusion from everyone else in this Academy because of something she would never be able to change was completely new to her, and it hit her harder than a truck.