chapter 6

A/N

This story will now be in 3rd person because I kept on getting confused hehe (*ノωノ) (Look at me go, updating back to back)

Also just finished the Haikyuu manga and oh my god its to cutest thing I've ever seen Osamu my heart goes out to you, you adorable little shop owner. You're doing great bb.

Kouji finished the rest of the paperwork on his desk before the end of lunch and stared at the sleeping boy on the couch. 

Leige was still sleeping on the couch even though it had been around half an hour. He briefly wondered why he let the boy stay so long, but dismissed the thought as the small boy began to shift in his sleep. Kouji watched as he hugged the pillow he hadn't let go of since he fell asleep, rolling over the the other side of the couch like a potato, a rather comical sight which even Kouji had to let out a sigh of amusement. 

He took a glance at the clock and realised that lunch was going to end in a few minutes. Sighing as he hadn't eaten lunch yet, he prepared himself to endure a few more hours of hunger before being able to cook something for himself. 

Now to face the real problem.. how was he going to wake the boy up? Honestly, he didn't want to do it himself, so he racked his brain for a second before slightly lighting up. 

He reached for his phone and searched through his contacts for George's number. Although he wasn't the best of friends with him, they were still friendly with each other, and he received the mans number a few years ago. He could only hope that he kept the same number as he called him.

"Kouji-san?" George had picked up immediately, something Kouji liked about the man. He was neat, organised and smart, never probing into his personal life. George did sound slightly surprised though, probably because this was the first time Kouji had ever voluntarily made contact with him.

"I have your brother. Come to my office." Kouji spoke over the phone to George. George felt slightly panicked as he heard what the man said. He has Leige? What does he mean by that? Is Leige ok? What happened? 

Although George seemed calm with this information, his heart was racing and he panicked even more as he realised that Kouji had hung up on him. 

He turned apologetically to Victor, who had heard the conversation.

"I've got to go, sorry, I'll be back as soon as possible." Victor waved him off but frowned to himself silently. He had been pretty sure that George hated his brother, as did he, and briefly wondered why he was going to help him before deciding that George would tell him if he thought it was necessary.

George was composed as he made his way through the crowds in the corridors, politely nodding at the girls who had crowded around him, subtly annoyed at them as he tried to get through.

Finally reaching Kouji's office, he knocked politely, waiting for his reply before quickly opening the door. He abruptly stopped in his tracks as he saw Leige, peacefully sleeping on what seemed like a very comfortable couch. He glanced at Kouji in question as he closed the door behind him.

"Is he..okay?" George questioned, eyeing the man in question. Kouji nodded, and sighed.

"He fell asleep. Take him away." George nodded slightly hesitatingly before walking towards the sleeping boy.

He gently reached for the pillow in the young boys arms, frowning slightly when he wouldn't let go. He used more force and succeeded in getting the boy to let go of the pillow, setting it to the side of the couch as Leige instinctively reached out and grabbed George.

"Hey.." George chided the sleeping boy gently as he adjusted his grip on the heavy sleeper, hoisting him onto his hip. He smiled apologetically at Kouji. "Thank you for calling me Kouji-san. We will leave now." Kouji nodded at him dismissively.

George held Leige with one arm, sighing at the little koala. As he exited the office, not before quickly thanking Kouji again. 

"Leige, wake up now." George slightly shook him as he ignored the stares they were getting as he walked aimlessly through the corridor, not knowing where his classroom was. 

Leige felt someone shaking him, and started to rub his eyes before a hand stopped him. 

"You'll hurt your eyes, stop it." he immediately identified the voice to be George's, and stopped so he wouldn't get scolded. 

George smiled gently at the young boys obedience, patting his head slightly. Leige's eyes sparkled from the praise adorably, and George couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle.

Leige heard the girls around him squeal after they saw George smile.. he couldn't even imagine the extent of their reactions when George had laughed. He only heard a few screams as he snuggled his head into George's muscular chest.

"Which one is your classroom?" George asked the young boy, whose face scrunched up as he tried to remember the insignificant numbers on the top of the classroom door.

"1....A" George narrowed his eyes slightly.. that was the top class of the first years. He imagined that Leige bribed his way into the top class, something he just couldn't see him doing now, with this new personality. Was he doing well in class? 

He carried Leige to the classroom and set him down in front of the door. 

"I've got to go to my class, okay?" Leige yawned and nodded, waving goodbye to his brother before lazily sliding the door open and entering the room.

He took a seat at his desk, taking comfort in the warm wood. The sun glared on his face and he winced slightly, holding his hand to his face before deciding that it was too much work and that he would rather go blind. 

The students in 1A stared at Leige. The sun created a golden glow around him, making him look almost unreal with the sparks of gold in his light pink hair, which looked especially fluffy after his nap. They all had a bad impression of him, after all, he had obviously bribed his way to the class, instead of working hard like everyone else did, surely robbing someone else's place in the class. He also always tried to look down on everyone else, not really succeeding as everyone ignored his threats and bullied him to no end. However, looking at him now, they felt as if nothing in the past was really him, as if they had misunderstood him.

Surely someone so careless-looking yet ethereal was not the same person as who they previously bullied, who had previously looked down on them as if they were bugs. Surely.. surely this was not the same person.

Maybe.. maybe they could view him as a classmate?