chapter 12

heavily under editing from here on, last edited chapter is chapter 14, thank you for your patience!

basically most people hated the plot after this point where he cuts his ankle so its being changed because im too sensitive for this lolol

A/N (chap 12)

if you've read this before, this is where the whole story changes (because someone said they didn't like the plot anymore and im sensitive so i just changed it all lolol)

Leige wondered how to use the magic that was flowing in his body. Honestly, he wasn't even sure if he actually had magic in his body, since there was a possibility that the cells and plasma that contained the ability to use magic were simply different for everyone.

However, he still believed that there was something that was blocking him from allowing to use magic, so he wanted to try it out. He looked at the book again, seeing a path where the vein travelled.

Thinking back to what he had read, he did recall a rather interesting chapter of a book.

Basically, it said that although the soul was the centre of magic, the flow of the magic mattered as well. So if it was clogged, or for some other reason didn't flow smoothly, magic would not be able to be used.

The soul held a certain amount of magic, usually inherited. It would normally be thought that that was what mattered, but the flow of magic was equally, if not more important.

If one could control their flow of magic exceptionally well, they could still be immensely strong.

The flow of magic was also inherited, and it would explain why rank 5's didn't have it, because their ancestors were probably the ones without magic who managed to survive, well according to his theory on how this world came to be.

...So, couldn't this whole problem just be solved with making babies with different ranks?

Maybe.

But he couldn't just force everyone to make babies with each other, that would be weird.

So, he needed to figure out how to fix it in current bodies.

Well, he was tired, and hungry, so now wasn't the time.

He could just do it in school.

Climbing out of the seat he was in, he ventured out into the large corridor. Not really sure where he was going, he wandered around, eventually drawn to a nice smell.

It had been coming from the kitchen.

"Excuse me?" his soft voice was nearly inaudible compared to the loud instructions the chefs were giving each other. However, as one person noticed him, they fell quiet, which lead to all of them looking curiously and noticing as well.

Soon the whole kitchen fell quiet, save the sizzling pans.

"Young Master Leige, may I inquire as to why you are here?" a scary looking person asked him with a polite smile on her face, but with the underlying words of 'please leave' in her tone of voice. Had the previous Leige done something to the kitchen?

Well, he didn't really care about what they thought of him, only sniffing the air slightly and commenting,

"It smells nice." to which everyone widened their eyes.

"I beg your pardon Young Master Leige?" the same woman asked in disbelief.

He looked at her, confused.

"It smells nice?" now it sounded more like a question as the chefs looked at each other in disbelief.

"Do you like the smell Young Master?" a different chef asked with widened eyes. The same boy who had accused them of food poisoning him after he had a meal he didn't like, and who had, on multiple occasions, walked past the kitchen just to comment how bad the meal looked, liked the smell?!