chapter 14

new chapter!

A/N

i saw a comment on like chapter 3 that it was getting really boring and they needed more dialogue.

...honey, if you think that's boring, you got a big storm coming lolol, like these bits are necessary so the plot makes actual sense instead of 'oooh magic i can do it for some reason hehe im the best and everyone loves me now'

also my 'E' key broke but here i am lolol

Leige watched the sun rise from the comfort of his bed, closing the last book of the night.

He was rather interested in the topic of Qi, because one book soon led to the other, which then lead to another, and subsequently led to him reading the whole night.

Martial power, also referred to as Jin, could be divided into three categories - Hard Jin, Soft-Hard Jin and Soft Jin. 

Going from Hard to Soft, Hard Jin used the most muscular power.

However, all types still required a strong physical body, something Leige still had to work on, and of course, a sufficient supply of smoothly circulating Qi.

Obviously, Qi in this case referred to human Qi, the life force or bio energy in every cell of the body.

The two branches of Yin and Yang were manifested into Internal Jin and External Jin, Internal (Yin) meaning the internal Qi's circulation, and External (Yang) referring to the physical strength of external movements. Only when these two worked harmoniously and supported each other would one become truly strong.

Jin could also be divided into Yin Jin, referred to otherwise as Defensive Jin, and Yang Jin, commonly called Attacking Jin. Another category of Jin was used for when Qi was manifested into a physical form, called Emitting Jin.

...What was Jin though?

Well, in the last book he read, which had a very helpful keyword section, Jin was described in two ways. 

The first was 'unyielding, powerful, strong', and the second was 'Qi-Li'. Qi-Li, which he had found out previously in a book he had read before to be the muscles which were supported by Qi.

 Using only the muscles was considered Li, but with a concentrated mind leading the muscles, Qi would flow and enliven them.

As stated before, there were many types of Jin, but they all had one thing in common, which was the flow of Qi.

Both seeing something happening, for example, when the person pushes another, and sensing motions or energy from other people were both types of Jin.

These could be enhanced and improved depending on the amount of Qi flowing to the skin. This therefore meant that the higher level of Jin, the more Qi used and the less muscular strength needed.

Now, this was the main reason Leige wanted to focus on Qi. Physical strength could be reduced as long as his level of Jin was high.

Through concentration and a meditative mind, Leige would be able to develop his entire being to work more efficiently in combat. 

Of course, he would need to work on his physical strength as well. In the books he had read, Dim Mak, what he interpreted to be Kyusho Jutsu back in Japan, would aid him in his physical combat, although he would still need to learn to fight properly as well.

After all, Dim Mak, a martial art technique that utilised the acupuncture points in the body to inflict damage, would only be useful to him if he knew how to dodge, block and fight the opponent as well.