chapter 3

As soon as I walked in the room went quiet. People previously chatting stopped and stared at me as I made a beeline straight to my window seat. Damn, I was popular. Maybe not in a good way, but I was popular. I stared at the graffiti-covered desk in front of me. Sighing inaudibly, I sat down and immediately placed my bag on the ruined stack of wood, resting my head on the firm but comfortable material. Not that I was satisfied with it  though, nothing can compare to George's hugs now. The familiar sound of murmurs and gossip engulfed me as I set my mind to work.

If I'm correct, which I usually am *big brain*, this was the day the heroine transferred. Even though she was a commoner born of low status, her light magic was rare enough for her to be placed into this prestigious academy. Compared to me, a "weak" rank 5 magician who couldn't use any skills or magic, she was a rank 2 (Victor, the Prince, my brothers best friend who was heir to the throne, was a rank 1 already, possessing a double skill, ice and lightning).

More about this magic thing, I simply don't understand it. The concept of magic is strange enough, but I wanted to know the limitations and why certain people can use it and others can't. The fact that these rank 5 'magicians' where deemed the scum of the earth was a concept I am also interested in. Alright, I've decided. If I want to relax in this life, it means that I have to be strong, which means I need powers. I will research powers as much as I can. After all, what's the point of living in a magic-orientated world if you do not understand the science,  capabilities and limitations of the world?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the horrid ringing of a bell indicated the start of class. I glanced up lazily to see a woman who I assumed was the teacher strolling into the classroom.

"Alright everyone, quieten down. Before we start lessons, I have someone to introduce you to." I noticed the boys sitting up straight as they caught sight of someone behind the door. Here she comes. The teacher beckoned her in, and the door slowly slid open.

A girl with bright blonde hair and a petite, cute figure bounced into the room. She was the epitome of cuteness. I stared as the lively girl grinned at everyone, her smile radiating like the sun when you finally open the blinds that kept you in a cocoon of darkness for an eternity. It was almost blinding how cheerful it was, something you would not normally see in nobility. I already knew how the boys and some girls would react as the rest glared at her with envy. 

"Hi everyone! My name is Shizuka Yumi! I will be in your care!" Her attitude definitely would stick out in the crowd of ladies who tried to be elegant and beautiful. Her natural charm had most of the boys blushing as the teacher nodded at her introduction.

"Alright Yumi-san, you will be sitting next to Sir Leige, seeing as no one wants to." I only blinked drowsily as the boys glared at me while most looked at the clueless girl in pity. 

However, the only thing I was focusing on was her chest. Two large watermelons. It would definitely be a new experience for me, lying on the two plump cushions. Maybe she would not mind if I tried it out. I yawned again, tears blinding my eyes as i glanced at her.

Throughout the lesson I felt someone staring at me. I frowned, turning to see the new recruit staring at me. When she noticed I had caught her, she blushed but did not look away. 

"S-Sir Leige-sama, can I stay with you today? I don't have any friends and this place is really big and new so-"

 "Alright"

a little Yumi pov

Yumi was caught off guard by the cute boy's angelic voice. The fluffiness of his hair and the mysterious murkiness of his pale blue eyes  because I'm tired- Haruka (Leige)  drew the girl in and once she realised she had been caught staring at the ethereal specimen you're really exaggerating here- Haruka she could not help but ask the question.

She smiled cheerfully at him for accepting her request, the many boys staring at her blushing went unnoticed by the girl.

Yumi pov is over

Classes for the morning were soon over as I struggled to keep my eyes open, eventually succumbing to the temptation that was sleep. I felt a soft hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake energetically-

"Stooop iiit.." my words were jumbled as my head flew from side to side due to some vicious shaking. I heard a gasp.

"A-ah! I am so sorry Sir Leige-sama!! I tried to wake you up but you kept on falling asleep again!" I had now identified the girl as Yumi, opening my eyes slightly to peer at the clock behind her. Ah. It was lunch already. In fact, it was fifteen minutes after the start of lunch. Time flies when you're having fun *sleeping*.

That was it. I had told her I would eat lunch with her or something. What a pain. If I don't get the chance to lie on her stomach after this I was going to cling onto George and never let go.

Speaking of George, he was a capture target for the heroine. That means that if they end up together, I can have two whole body size cushioned heat packs to lie on! (Haruka I don't think that's how relationships work but do your best *(^_^)*- author-san)"

"Let's go."

"A-ah! Yes!!"

 with that thought, I stood abruptly from my seat with a shocked Yumi trailing behind me.

As we made our way towards the rooftop, a place my feet automatically took me, I suddenly paused. A squeak emerged from the person behind me as she bumped into my back.

 Ah.

I don't have any food. I sighed, praying that Yumi had some food because the cafeteria seemed miles away at this point.

As we reached the staircase, I looked up the vast amount of steps and immediately sat down. No way. No way am I going to climb that. 

"s-sir Leige-sama? You wanted to go to the rooftop, yes? U-um.. don't we have to climb up the stairs?" I glanced up at Yumi who was standing above me.

"Carry me." as I thought about it, I realised that even though Yumi was small, my body seemed to be that of an underdeveloped 13 year old, even though I was pretty sure we were both 16. She should be capable of at least this. 

"E-eh?!" Yumi blushed a beetroot red. I lifted my arms up to her and looked at her expectantly.

Yumi stared down at the cotton-candy haired boy, his murky blue eyes widening into a puppy-eyed stare. She gulped. He was too cute to exist in real life, she thought as she pictured sparkles and flowers surround him.

picture of George next chapter 

(ノ*°▽°*)