chapter 25//

A/N

i keep on introducing new things and not exploring them im sorry im just having a lot of fun writing in scottish slang i really hope this is not offensive to anyone by how bad it is

hello albert

He waited for about a minute for Angelica to wake up naturally on her own, but she was still in her little dreamland and he was excited and impatient.

"Angelica." he repeated, "Angelica. Angelica." until she showed signs of movement.

Like her personal alarm clock, Leige, who had never otherwise woken someone up before, repeated her name and poked her a little to pull her out of her dreams and into the present.

Eventually, she stirred, and opened her eyes blearily.

"...Leige?" after a night of the torture that was flicking through books she didn't understand and trying her best to answer questions of which the relevance had been questionable, they were now comfortably camping at the first name basis area.

"Come on, come on, let's go." seeing that she was awake, he quickly stood up, stumbled a little from the weakness in his knees from the uncomfortable position he had been in the whole night, recovered, and impatiently tapped his foot.

"...Go where? Wait, what time is it? Ar-" she yelped, cutting herself off as she stared in horror at the puddle of what she had to assume to be saliva sitting at where she had been lying. "D-D-Drool?! On the floor.... Of my meticulously cleaned library?!"

He decided not to mention the heaps of dust that had been swept off of the books, nor the scuff marks from his shoes.

Having enough manners to let her dab her handkerchief - a scrap of fabric, on the floor with a face brimming of mortification, he then impatiently pulled her up.

"Where do you live? How far away is it from here? Take me there." he blurted out all in one go, excited to go research in person.

Seeing her silence, Leige hesitated, thought over what he had said, and added a little,

"Please." Angelica seemed to blink slowly, sitting up from where she had been relentlessly scrubbing.

"Wait... School?" the fluffy pink-haired boy furrowed his brow in confusion before quickly shaking his head.

"No, not school. This is more important." Besides, who even needed school? Quite frankly, it was a waste of time for him and he supposed that Angelica missing one day wouldn't hurt, although if she was really reluctant then he was fine with going on his own.

"...Hold on..." Angelica rubbed her eyes, still muddled from the uncomfortable rest. "Wait... We're skipping school?" she seemed unprecedentedly calm, which caused a little suspicion.

"...Yes.." he would much rather go to research more about legends and myths in the village than have a nap on an uncomfortable chair, but it wasn't like he couldn't guarantee Angelica not getting into trouble, so he would understand if she didn't want to come with him.

...Actually, in all honesty, sneaking out of a mansion while he was meant to be at school seemed like a stupid thing to do.

But he was actually an adult, so everything was okay, because no matter how stupid something was, being an adult could justify it.

...Right?

Anyways, he felt that he would need to do something outside of researching in books sooner or later to be able to understand the core of magic, and this world, so it had only been a matter of time.