chapter 7

A/N

A bit of a long one for you bbs (double my normal chapters), I'm honestly on a roll so don't blame me if I update sporadically after this ok ly all and thanks for 100 votes!! Also honestly can't tell how much bro-con is too much bro-con

Leige sighed to himself as he got out his book and made it a pillow, resting his head on it as the sun warmed his face. He had to admit, this was a perfect sleeping spot.

He was awoken, quite rudely he thought as he was about to rub his eyes, stopping when he remembered what George said to him. He looked up blearily, his eyes murky and confused, snatching the boy who awoke him's heart. 

"Worksheet." the rude boy said roughly, thrusting the piece of paper onto Leige's desk.

Leige muttered a quick thanks, which seemed to surprise the boy as he sat back in his seat.

Leige looked at the worksheet warily, wondering if he even had a pen to write with. Someone touched his shoulder and he jumped slightly before realising that it was Yumi. Ah, Yumi. To be honest, he had completely forgotten about the girl while he was with mystery man.

"S-Sir Leige-sam-"

"Just Leige"

"A-Ah! Yes S- I mean Leige! A-Are you ok?! What happened at Kouji-sama's office?! A-An um.. do you have a pen? I can lend yo-"

Leige cut her off by yawning quietly, trying not to disturb her but also not being able to hold it in. 

"I slept, can I have a pen please?" Yumi stifled a small giggle at the soft voice.

"Of course!" She seemed happy that he replied to her, easily giving him one of her pastel decorated pens. He took it gratefully as began to look at the worksheet.

So this lesson was maths, huh.. he looked around and saw the class slightly panicking and furrowed his eyebrows, taking another peek at the sheet in front of him... surely it wasn't that hard? 

Haruka, a fully grown man with a maths degree in a room full of 16 year olds, asked himself.

Well, he wasn't very bothered to do it himself. He felt tired after finishing writing his name.. an illegible scrawl on the top of the page. 

He lay his head on the desk to see Yumi. 

...She looked very panicked. It was as if she sensed his stare and quickly turned her head towards him.

"Leige- sama, please can you help me? Um- I- I was only trained in magic, not maths.." he looked at her, subtly annoyed, but wanted to repay her for sticking with him when redhead had accused him. 

He silently sat up and tried unsuccessfully to pat his hair down, giving up in a few seconds as his hair continually decided to stick up in different directions. 

Yumi understood that he was going to help and smiled happily in relief. He looked at the question she was pointing at and deflated slightly when he saw that it was the first of twenty, but was determined to stick to his decision.

He ignored the students around him and began to explain to her the fundamentals of maths, deciding that it would be helpful to start from the basics. He saw her eyes light up as she finally began to understand ten minutes into the first question.

 He let out a small sigh of relief that she seemed to be a quick learner, and guided her in the next question as well. She seemed to understand, and worked her way through the last questions.

She finished and looked at Leige excitedly, and he reluctantly pulled himself up from lying on the desk to check her answers. He looked over them and frowned at the last question, pointing out her small mistakes before patting her on the head and immediately falling back asleep.