chapter 18 //

A/N

AYO IM STILL ALIVE 

HELLO????

exams for the past week, and for the next week lolz had five exams this past week and let me tell you they didnt go the way they shouldve gone lol im depressed lol im sad lol

see lol makes everything better jokes aside ive been doing quite well mentally but i think ive burnt myself out, i did have fun writing this though

 (my mind went somewhere. im not sure where, but it went there)

Leige woke up to face a blank, white ceiling.

 If he was honest, it looked exactly as every single nurse's office ever in any story, the bland colour of the walls desaturating the whole room, making the view outside of the window seem surreal and filled with life.

Looking around the room, it wasn't hard to notice the student standing with his back straight next to the wall on the side of the exit, as the black uniform greatly contrasted with rest of the room.

However, he didn't bother to acknowledge the unknown student who looked around the same age as him, preferring to check the condition of his body.

Of course, he had not forgotten the pain of being burned and shot to what probably would've been death if this was like Earth.

Flexing his slender fingers, which were still intact with his hands, and wiggling his toes under the thin blanket someone, probably the nurse or whoever cured him, considerately covered him with, although he was still in his uniform.

As Leige was busy being fascinated with how efficiently he was healed, the boy who was studying him frowned.

"Are you not even going to acknowledge me?" the boy's slight nasal tone to his voice evoked a sense of deep familiarity within Leige, although he didn't know why.

Leige looked up, and slowly studied the boy's face, the typical 'smart student president' glasses mounted on his nose.

Seeing that Leige wasn't going to answer anytime soon, the boy frowned.

"Something has changed about you. Although you are still the worst student in the class," the boy paused, "and in the whole school, what you said to Miss Verne was clearly an act." 

Leige did not have any visible reaction to his accusations, because he had already predicted them.

Well, he did not know who would do what, but he had long knew that there would be someone to catch him out and try and hinder him. 

It was only obvious considering his fairly smooth-sailing journey by now that someone was going to attempt to stop him.

Leige stayed silent, provoking a sense of irritation in the boy.

"As the class president, I will find out what is happening! If it is from the use of magic from the Orcus, you can bet that you will never get away with it!" with that, the boy left, more irritated than whence he came. 

Leige, who was still silent, watched the boy leave, but his head was filled with questions.

The main one was,

What was 'magic from the Orcus'?

As he had studied Latin before, he knew that 'orcus' referred to death, or the underworld, but also knew that in Roman mythology, 'Orcus' was the god of the underworld, or at least some sort of demon.

So there were demons in this game?

His second main question was about what the magic from the orcus actually was, as in what magic was it.