When He Messages You at School

(Okay, I know I said I only update on Fridays, but I couldn’t resist posting an update in honor of February 15, Fandomapocalypse Day! If you don’t know what Fandomapocalypse Day is, you write the word “Fandomapocalypse” on your left arm in green ink if you belong to any fandom, and if you see someone else with “Fandomapocalypse” on their arm, give them a hug, no matter what fandom they’re from. After all, all fandoms should be united for one day out of the year. (And if nothing else, you all get a free early update out of it, right?)

Happy Fandomapocalypse Day, guys!

And one more thing: I completely forgot to mention this earlier, but (sadly) I don’t own Ninjago. Just had to get that out of the way.)

You really enjoy chatting with HotHead. You both like the same video games and movies, and you never get tired of arguing with him. You enjoy it so much, in fact, that you’ve downloaded the Perfect Match app on your phone so you can chat with him while you’re away from home.

Right now, you’re in math. Your teacher is droning on about trigonometric functions and formulas, and you’re on the verge of falling asleep when your phone vibrates.

You check to make sure your teacher isn’t looking—you’ve already been caught with your phone out in class twice this month. If you get caught again, you’ll get detention for sure. Once you’re sure your teacher is looking the other way, you pull out your phone and find a message from HotHead.

HotHead: Sup?

Y/u: Stuck in school. Bored. Help.

HotHead: OK, what do you want to talk about?

Y/u: Well, I was hoping for a battle of wits, but you seem to be unarmed.

HotHead: Grrr…

Y/u: I’ll wait.

HotHead: Great, I’ll have a hamburger with fries on the side, and chicken nuggets, and a large (favorite soft drink).

Y/u: That took you long enough…

HotHead: Well, you try to type on your phone while running!

Y/u: Oh, you’re in PE, aren’t you? Sucker!

HotHead: Close enough. You should talk—you’re the one hiding your phone from your teacher. Uh oh!

Y/u: ‘Uh oh’ what?

Y/u: You still there?

“Miss (last name)?” You look up and see your teacher standing over you.

“Uh…hi.” You say weakly. The entire class is staring at you.

Your teacher holds out his hand for your phone. Once you hand it to him, he gives you a detention slip.

“You can come back here and pick up your phone…after your detention,” he announces. The rest of the class snickers.

You sigh and go back to doodling on your calculus textbook. You’re already bored again.

(Sorry, it's kind of short. The next one will be better, I promise.)