Apologies

You yawn and rub your eyes tiredly as you emerge from your room. You didn't get much sleep after arguing with b/f/n last night. Hopefully she's cooled down by now and is ready to make up and be friends again. You wish you hadn't been so harsh with her, but you couldn't just let that jerk f/c/n keep ruining her life.

You're halfway through making yourself some toast when a thought occurs to you. You tiptoe over to b/f/n's bedroom door and peek in. She's not there. That's odd.

Unlike you, b/f/n isn't usually an early bird. She should still be asleep this early in the morning, especially if she was up half the night crying and screaming like she usually does after having an argument with you. What could have been so important that she got up and left the apartment before you even woke up?

You scramble around the apartment looking for your phone and finally find it under your bed. There's no answer when you call b/f/n's number—her phone must be off. You groan and look around the apartment. There must be some way to reach b/f/n. Even when you're having an argument, she wouldn't just leave the apartment without telling you where she's going.

You sigh and flop down on the couch, only to be startled by the sound of the toaster popping. You jump, and step on something that crinkles. You reach down and find a note on the floor.

Y/n,

I'm sorry I was rude last night. I may have been a bit out of line with...you know...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't lie to me about something like f/c/n cheating on me, so I've gone to confront him. I'll call you when I'm done talking to him. I should be back at around 9.

(Hopefully) still your friend, b/f/n.

"Oh boy," you mutter. You check the clock. It's almost eight now, which means you have an hour to wait.

By eight-thirty, you can't take it anymore. You get dressed, head down to the parking lot, and start jogging toward f/c/n's house.

F/c/n's house is in the nice part of town, although his rich parents probably have more to do with it than he does. You find b/f/n sitting on the curb in front of it, sobbing.

"B/f/n?" you ask. "What happened?"

"Y/n," b/f/n sobs. "He said—he said—"

"What did he say?" you ask.

"He—he said I never meant anything to him anyway," she whispers. "He said I s-should have considered myself l-lucky to be able to date someone like him..."

You pull out your phone and start jabbing at the screen. "Right," you growl. "That does it."

"Who are you calling?" B/f/n asks.

"I'm calling the ninja squad," you reply. "He's not getting away with this."