Breaking You Out

(Merry Christmas, everybody!)
You've been stuck here ever since your dad left. You've gotten so bored, you've resorted to staring out the tiny window high on the wall of your 'cell.' There isn't much to see until a pair of feet appears outside the window.

"Who's out there?" you call.

You hear a gasp, and then a face appears at the window. "Y/n?"

"Kai!" you say as loudly as you dare. "How did you find me?"

"Wasn't that hard," Kai says with a smirk. "You're the one who knocked the power out."

You roll your eyes and try to glare at Kai, but end up laughing instead. "It's so good to see you!"

"It's great to see you too, y/n," Kai says. "But we should save the reunion for once I get you out of here."

"Good point. But be careful. This place is crawling with stone warriors. My dad's letting them use me as bait to capture you."

"When I get my hands on him, I'm gonna wring his neck," Kai mutters. "Don't worry, y/n, I'll get you out of there, even if it's the last thing I do."

"If it really is the last thing you do, I'm going to wring your neck," you reply. "Be careful, Kai."

"Don't worry, y/n," Kai replies. "I'm a ninja. Oh, and uh, by the way, do you have any ideas for a distraction?"

You shake your head, not sure whether to laugh or cry. "You're the fire ninja, aren't you? Start a small fire."

Kai smacks his forehead with one hand. "I didn't think of that. I'll be in there in a few minutes, y/n. Just sit tight." He stands up and moves away from the window.

You look down at the ropes tying you to the chair. "Not like I can do anything else at the moment," you mutter.

A few minutes later, you hear muffled shouts from the stone warriors and the sound of running footsteps. Not long after that, Kai sprints into the room and starts untying you.

As soon as you're free, you hop up from the chair and give Kai a long kiss on the lips. "I love you."

Kai's entire face goes red. "Thanks...but there's no time," he adds, shaking his head. "Let's get out of here."

The two of you sprint up the stairs and run straight into a group of stone warriors. Kai dives right in and starts punching and kicking them, and using Spinjitzu to throw them down the hall.

You grab the floor lamp you used earlier and hit one of the stone warriors with it. He grunts angrily and glares at you, which is as far as he gets before Kai uses his Spinjitzu tornado to throw the stone warrior into a wall.

"What were you thinking?" Kai demands, grabbing your hand and pulling you down the hall and away from the dazed stone warriors.

"I was creating a distraction," you reply. "And look, it worked."

Kai sighs and moves faster. "Yeah, well, let's just get out of here. Come on, the exit's right around the corner.