Making It Official

Kai asked you on a special date for Valentine’s Day. When you get to the monastery, he covers your eyes and leads you through the building. 

“Where are we going?” you demand.

Kai laughs “You’ll see—hey, bad y/n!”

You try to wiggle away from Kai, but he matches your every move. “Aww…”

“Okay, y/n, you can open your eyes now.”

Kai led you to a gazebo behind the monastery. There’s a table set for two in the center, and the tablecloth is scattered with hearts cut from pink and red paper. A small radio is on the ground nearby, playing romantic music.

“Oh my gosh…Kai, I love it!” you yelp.

Kai’s POV

I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is here already. I spent forever setting up this date with y/n. We’ve gone on a few dates since our first one, but this one is going to be extra special. I even borrowed Jay’s tuxedo again just for this date. I’m planning on asking y/n a really important question, and everything needs to be perfect.

Y/n shows up right on time, looking even more perfect than usual.  Her (eye color) eyes catch the light and set off her (hair color) hair.

“Okay…” I tell her. I get behind her and cover her eyes. “No peeking.” I lead her through the monastery and out the back door.

“Where are we going?” y/n demands.

“You’ll see,” I promise. “Hey! Bad y/n!” Y/n starts trying to wiggle away from me. She’s pretty fast—it’s all I can do to keep her eyes covered. 

Finally, y/n stops wiggling. “Aww…”

I can’t help but laugh. Y/n is so adorable when she does things like that. It’s one of the reasons I love her. 

Finally, we’re here. “Okay, y/n, you can open your eyes now.” I have to resist the urge to facepalm. Somebody—probably Jay or Lloyd—cut out a bunch of paper hearts and scattered them all over the table. I’m gonna get them for this.

Y/n gasps. “Oh my gosh…” Here we go…

“Kai, I love it!”

But, then again, maybe that was a good thing.

Your POV

You and Kai enjoy a romantic (and delicious) meal, but Kai seems fidgety and nervous. He’s already knocked the salt over twice, and he keeps staring at his plate and blushing.

Finally, you can’t take it anymore. “Kai, what’s wrong?”

“I have a question,” Kai tells you.

You grin at him. “And I have an answer. Let’s see if they match.”

“Okay…” Kai fiddles with his bow tie. “Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?”

Kai’s POV

I asked Zane to cook (I wasn’t going to feed y/n Cole’s poison), and y/n seems to be enjoying it. I’m glad she’s focused on the food—I’m a complete mess. I keep stuttering, blushing, and knocking things over.

Finally, y/n puts her fork down. “Kai what’s wrong?”

“I have a question,” I tell her.

Y/n gives me that huge grin she always has on her face right before she pulls out a good comeback. “And I have an answer. Let’s see if they match.”

There’s no turning back now. “Okay…y/n, will you be my girlfriend?”

Your POV

You stare at Kai for a second “Wha…? Yes! Of course I will!” you jump up and hug Kai as hard as you can.

“Really?” Kai asks.

“Of course! I’d love to be your girlfriend!”

Kai smiles. “Happy Valentine’s Day, y/n.” Then the two of you lean in and kiss for a long while.

Kai’s POV

For a second, I’m afraid I’ve made a horrible mistake. Then y/n jumps up, runs around the table, and hugs me so hard I think she might crack my ribs.

“Wha…yes! Of course I will!”

“Really?” I ask.

Y/n is jumping up and down with excitement. “Of course! I’d love to be your girlfriend!”

I smile at her. “Happy Valentine’s Day, y/n.” She leans over and kisses me.

Best Valentine’s Day ever.