Your Birthday

"Good morning, y/n!" b/f/n shouts. You yelp, roll off of your bed, and land on the floor with a thud.

"Uh, good morning?" you mumble.

B/f/n's face appears over the side of the bed. "Happy birthday! The others are waiting downstairs for you to open presents."

"Presents!" you throw your pillow in the air, run downstairs, burst into the living room, and yell, "PRESENTS!"

Kai laughs and pulls you in for a kiss. He pulls away for long enough to say "Happy birthday, y/n!" before you kiss him again.

Lloyd coughs loudly into his fist. "Can you two save the PDA for later?"

"I'll second that," b/f/n adds.

You pull away and sigh. "Fine. Let's do the presents."

"Open this one first!" Jay says, stuffing a box wrapped with blue paper into your hands. "This one's from me and Nya!"

You open the gift and find a framed picture of you and Kai on the night you went to prom together. "Thanks, you two, I love it!"

The next few presents are less exciting—Lloyd gave you candy, of course, Zane gave you a microphone to help record your music, and Cole gave you some very burned brownies that he made himself. You thank him and quietly resolve to throw them away when he isn't looking.

B/f/n's gift is a business envelope with two sheets of paper in it. You look at them both in confusion.

"Uh, what are these, b/f/n?" you ask.

B/f/n looks over your shoulder. "This top one is the sales records from your first album, and this one-" she pulls the other sheet out of your hand "-is the lease on our new apartment."

"Apartment?" you ask.

"Yeah, you're eighteen now," B/f/n says. "You don't have to live with your parents anymore, so I rented us an apartment. We're gonna be roommates!"

Finally, it's Kai's turn. He hands you a small f/c box tied with a red ribbon. You open it and find a necklace with a silver charm. It's shaped like a heart, but one half is smaller than the other. The words "I Love You" are engraved on the larger half.

"It's beautiful, Kai, but why is it shaped like that?" you ask.

"Let me show you," Kai says. He pulls a golden charm on a chain from under his shirt and fits it onto the smaller half of yours. Together, the two shapes form a perfect heart.

You throw your arms around Kai. "I love it!" Kai puts the necklace around your neck and then leans in for a kiss. B/f/n and Lloyd both groan loudly.

You and Kai pull apart and glare at them. "Shut up, you two," you say. Then you face Kai again and get back to what you were doing.