xiao ➶︎ sunset

SUNSET

from beginning to end, it was you

you were nothing more but a simple human who roamed the mortal realm

you were nothing more but a simple human who roamed the mortal realm. the world was a big mystery to you, every nook and cranny was something you wanted to explore.

one fateful day, you were tending to your garden until you saw an injured young man. your village was know to be quiet where everyone knew eachother.

this man was someone you've never seen before, but nonetheless you dropped your things and ran over to them.

"are you okay? here, let me treat your wounds."  you said, putting their arm around your shoulders.

you sat the man down, taking herbs and medicine from your cabinets.

"what's your name? are you in a lot of pain?" you asked while he stayed silent, still holding onto his wounds.

"how old are you? where are you from? you don't seem to be from here...."

the man groaned, "you ask a lot of questions."

"sorry, i'm just really curious." you smiled.

you leaned down towards him and cleaned up his cuts. you took your ointments and bandages and wrapped him up.

"my name is y/n."

"xiao."

later that day, you left him inside your home. he was fast asleep and you didn't want to disturb him when he had this big speech about adepti not needing rest moments before.

you walked up to the edge of the cliff, sitting down to admire the sunset. you felt the cold breeze hit your face. it was refreshing and soothing.

"what are you doing so near the cliff. if you fall, i might not be able to catch you." you heard a voice.

"i see you're up. how are your wounds? are you feeling any better?" you asked xiao.

"my wellbeing is none of your concern. i am an adeptus after all, no mortal medicine can truly heal me."

you looked behind you, giving a small nod. you shuffled to the side and pat the space beside you.

"come then adeptus xiao, watch the sunset with me."

———————————  ★༄