venti ➶ bygone memory

BYGONE MEMORY

humans were nothing more but
beings wandering the earth

humans were nothing more but beings wandering the earth

there is no escape from destiny. whatever has been written in the stars will happen.

some people have fates that will leave them fulfilled, while others are not so lucky.

venti finished playing his melancholic song, sighing as he looked up into the sky. he sat on the hands of the statue of barbatos, remembering the feeling of when his friend used to hold him. it was like an embrace, a comforting feeling when he felt overwhelmed.

the bard flew down to the ground, landing silently. the wind carried his body, just like when he was merely a wisp.

venti walked down the streets of mondstadt, glazing his fingers through its walls.

every window, he could see your reflection. an image of a person so perfect, it seemed unreal. to every love song, his muse was you.

a smile landed on his lips, how much he wished destiny had different plans.

he continued walking, eventually grabbing two or more bottle from a local tavern. venti hummed a sweet tune, a few bottles of alcohol in his hand.

through the meadows he walked, hearing your voice calling him in the wind.

the leaves rustled and the birds chirped. it seemed your voice wouldn't leave him, even in the sound of nothing.

his objective was to meet you in the place you loved to visit most, the tree of windrise. you heard all about it's history from the old folks and instantly, it became your favorite spot.

venti loved it there too. it was where he healed and where his good friend vennessa last was.

another smile grew on his face as he reminisced about vennessa. she was a brave warrior, someone filled with unwavering courage. venti liked that history remembered her and her heroic doings.

first it was his bard friend, next it was vennessa. to think about them brought back so many memories.

venti drew near to the location, seeing the leaves of the huge tree in the distance. he skipped happily, eager to see you.

you were someone that didn't do acts of heroism like his friends. sometimes, you wondered if you were even worthy to know venti. often, he'd remind you that you were just as amazing as they were.

"you don't have to make enormous sacrifices to be a great person. sometimes you just need a kind heart." venti once said when you doubted yourself.

he remembers the glint of sadness in your eyes being replaced with confidence. even though venti was a drunkard when you first meet him, he has great wisdom hidden underneath.

he finally reached windrise, a feeling of nostalgia washing over him when he arrived. he missed the feeling of relaxation this place brought him.

"hi y/n! how have you been doing?" venti greeted, sitting beside you. he popped open a bottle of alcohol and drank a little from it.

"today i met the traveller. can you believe they don't remember me? that's crazy!" he stated, chugging down his drink.

"you were a great listener, y/n. i'm glad i can tell you all my stories and sing you all my songs. in fact, i have one just for you! hehe." venti took out his lyre and plucked it's string.

he played a melody that told the story of love.

two people meeting, as if it was set in stone. it was a perfect set up, almost like the heavens planned it years before hand.

the story of falling in love and seeing the world through rose tinted glass.

it was a sweet melody that soon turned melancholy, into a song of yearning.

no mattwr what, humans were nothing more but beings wandering the earth. no one was to ever live forever, even if they wanted to. when two people are in love but destiny had other plans, fate often goes in the direction that you don't desire.

venti finished his song, ending it with the same sweet tune from the beginning. a bittersweet story about the cruel fate of humans.

"what did you think? was it too sad?" venti asked with a small laugh. "yeah, i think so too.."

venti opened his second bottle, chugging down his wine. the bard wanted to drink until he forgot what emotions were.

the friend who held him in his hands and vennessa. the friends of his past was gone. somewhere in his heart, he wanted nothing more but to finally join them. he wanted to stop missing them.

———————————  ★༄

dawn came.

the sun rays peeked through venti's eyes. the bard rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"ah.. so i fell asleep beside you." he stated, noticing he was still in windrise.

"i guess i'll... stay here for a while."

venti layed on your tombstone, a cecilia flower close to his chest.

his closest friends were nothing but a bygone memory now. you were nothing but a memory now.

(not my best but i wrote this when i was sleepy and angsty AHAAHAHAH!! this is more a filler while i write other chapters someone requested a scaramouche one and i'm still thinking of a fluff for that so stay tuned ? HAHAHA yes yes stay stuned!)