albedo + diluc ➶︎ don't you dare

PART 2 OF "FRIEND" - to those who requested, here you go <3!! sorry i've been gone for so long, i've been focusing on the kazuha ff ehehe <3

🌻🔥

Windblume was a time of love and joy. A time where you can improve your relationships with the people you care for, and maybe create a new one. It was a time that you loved.

Loved.

A week has passed, yet nothing changed. You've had crushes in the past, got your heart broken more than you liked, and yet this... This was torture. The tears that fell on your face stung like poison rain. The sweet love you once possessed turned bitter. Your chest was tight, making it hard to breathe. You couldn't sleep the heartbreak away, your headaches from crying keeping you up. You were forced to relive that moment, again and again, you just could not forget it.

Months and months of admiring, pretending like something was there. Months and months of people telling you that there was a small chance. Months and months of shoving down your feelings to not make him feel uncomfortable. Months and months of telling yourself rejection would be okay.

Yet a Traveler from another world enters his life, and suddenly he's in love?

The week after, it was business as usual in Mondstadt. The week after, it was time to go back to work. The week after, you had to see him again. You hated that you missed his company, knowing well he never felt the same. You hated that he infiltrated your dreams, that he was the only constant thought. Cause while your heart belonged to the alchemist, his was already owned by someone else.

Going back to work, you acted as if nothing happened around Albedo. You smiled, helped around, and asked him about The traveler. It was self-sabotaging, yet what else could you do? You were mature enough to not make a fuss, even if it came at a cost.

"Y/N, come here. I couldn't give it during the festival, but this is for you." Albedo called, showing you a tiny box. The wrapping itself was beautiful. Etched with gold details and topped with a shiny ribbon. It seemed so special, so thought out.

Don't make this harder for me, Albedo.
Don't mock me with these thousand little things that I adore. Don't be so nice.

"You shouldn't have!" You exclaimed, admiring the gift with a smile. Pretending was not so hard, not when you've gotten used to hiding your feelings. Yet, the urge to confess was strong. You had to force yourself not to burst. Not now.

You wished he'd just stop talking to you completely. You wished he'd stopped acting nice, or that he'd at least treat you like a stranger. You wished he'd let you ignore him so that you'd finally stop caring. How could you move on from someone who keeps doing things that make you fall back into love?

"I heard you got your heart broken, so I wanted to make you feel better."

If only you knew.

The look on your face saddened Albedo. You were hurt, and it was written all over your face. Albedo hesitated, contemplating the thought of hugging you. He could never forgive whoever did this to his closest friend.

"Do you maybe.. want stories of what I and The traveler did to make you feel better?" He asked, sitting beside you.

You'll never get it, won't you? For a genius, you're so dense. I don't want to hear it. I feel like I'm going insane.

"Sure. Tell me all about it."

He talked and yet nothing was entering your brain. It was like a buzz in your ear. He was a bee that sucked the love out of you, who stung you. Although you'd smile and nod, the only thing on your mind was to run away and flee Mondstadt. Escape the reality you were given, find new people, and live happily again. But you knew that was not possible because no amount of distance and no amount of time would be enough to free you of this torment.

"I'm happy for you, truly. Thanks for making me feel better." You smiled and gave a small chuckle, turning around to leave.

The rest of the day flew by like it was nothing. You continued your duties with an empty mind and empty heart. It was strange how something so heart-shattering could happen, yet the world carries on. The sun will still rise and people will still move on.

After sharing your goodbyes with your colleagues, you head to the tavern. The bard you met said it best, "To drink your feelings away is the best way to forget!" It wasn't healthy, and it wasn't responsible. But the ache in your heart couldn't be erased.

Not with the activities you loved, not with the people you loved, not with anything. Love can't cure everything, especially not this. To forget is what you need. To be numb is what you need.

You sat in front of the counter, the bartender looking straight at you.

"Welcome to Angel's Share. What can I get you?"

"The strongest drink you have."

"Isn't it quite irresponsible for a Knight of Favonius to be drinking on a work day?"

"Oh please, Master Diluc. I'm an alchemist, not a knight." You glared, wishing to get the night over with. He only gave a small grin and "Hm." before turning around.

"As you wish."

The night went on as usual. Patrons came and went while you stayed there, miserably drowning yourself in alcohol. You couldn't keep count of how many glasses you drank, but you sensed the sick feeling bubbling up in your stomach. Not only that but tears suddenly left your eyes, as well as a small sob from your mouth. The sudden noise startled Diluc, making him pull the glass away from you.

"Alright, I think that's enough drinks." He said. Though, you only put your hand on top of his. You refused to stop, at least until you completely lost all your senses. Your grip only got tighter as you started crying uncontrollably.

"I... I can't. He's just so- Why'd I have to fall in love with him??? He's not even that handsome... No, wait he is... I love him so much! B-but he chose... Huhu..."

You were so clearly drunk yet still so aware.

"So that's why you're drinking your life away, Hm."

"Life is pointless!! We fall in love only to... be broken after." You slurred, laying your head on the counter.

Finally letting go of the glass, Diluc retrieved it and placed it somewhere else. As the final customer left the tavern, you kicked your legs in frustration. Diluc on the other hand bent down to your level. He placed his elbow on the counter, resting his head on his hand.

"I just wanted to forget him!! It's... not fair. I just wanna... wanna..."

"Hm?"

"I hate him!! I gave my all but... You know Diluc, you should neverrr fall in love. It sucks!"

"I have no plans of doing so."

"Good!! Oh wait, I shouldn't have just said your name like that. S...orry for being rude." You said, sitting up and rubbing your eyes.

"It's alright. You're not okay and I shouldn't make you feel worse." He said.

Though you weren't sober, you knew something about Diluc was different tonight. Whenever you saw him, he seemed so stern and serious. The cavalry captain also said a lot of things that affected your prior judgment. Yet right now, he seemed so kind. He spoke softly and it's like you were introduced to a whole different side of him.

"You're... really... hmm-" Before you could finish your sentences, you passed out on the counter.

The redhead let out a small laugh, standing up from his position.

"All I can say is, whoever broke your heart was lucky to have been loved by you," Diluc stated, walking away from the bar. He grabbed your arms and placed them on his shoulders.

"Close up the tavern. I'll take them home."