albedo + diluc ➶︎ first love

PART THREE OF "FRIEND" — for those who requested :0 i didn't expect so many to want this HHHAAHA !!  for those who don't know, this trilogy started based on my experiences :)) though I didn't meet a diluc <//3

🌻🔥

"It seems Master Diluc has taken quite the interest in you. Is it true?" Sucrose whispers in your ear, making you drop your gloves.

"I— Don't be so loud!"

"I'm not—"

For more than a month, you've been visiting the Angel's Share every night. At first, you came to drown in alcohol and forget your burdens. But the more you came, you started to converse with the famous redhead. Of course, you weren't sober. Eventually, you forgot about the alcohol and started to rant to Diluc himself. He was more than happy to listen, even encouraging it.

Meanwhile, Diluc, who didn't visit Angel's Share often, started to come by more. Though, as soon as you entered the tavern, he'd stop working and start listening instead.

It was an unexpected friendship, but he was glad to have company. He was quite happy to have someone who enjoys telling him about their day in general.

Rumors started to speculate, the frequent tavern goers noticing your spark. No one believed it at first, especially coming from the mouths of drunkards.

That was until more and more people noticed you two talking casually. A (not so) Knight of Favonius chatting with Diluc Ragnvindr causally was not an ordinary occurrence. The news even caught the eye of a certain Cavalry Captain.

The more the rumors circulated, the more eyes were on you. They saw how Diluc always walked you home after a long night in the tavern, and how he'd give you a smile not many can see—

"Y/N and Sucrose, please quit with the idle chatter," Albedo called. You and the green-haired girl shrugged, looking back at your vials.

For almost a week, Albedo had been irritable. He'd never take it out on you or anyone else, but it was clear. The Traveler was still present in his life — you heard they were even doing well. You still see them every so often, holding hands and sharing meals.

Your best guess was that his experiments weren't going as planned. Yet, that still seemed impossible to you knowing who he was.

Maybe he never expected to fall in love, but he surely never fails in an experiment.

"Mr. Albedo, can you get the—" You say, making him turn around. He stiffened up from the formalities you used. It was true that you haven't had a proper conversation since the day he gave you that gift. Besides small talk during work, there was nothing. Even Klee was starting to complain.

Have you truly drifted apart so much?

"Ah, of course."

Something stung Albedo's chest. Something... unfamiliar. He knew what it was, but he couldn't admit it. This is why he never tried to build connections. The fear that he'll eventually drift away with those he care for.

"Thanks."

It was such a simple reply, no hint of eagerness. You didn't even bother to look at him.