venti ➶ symphony

SYMPHONY

you took my broken melody,
and now i hear a symphony.

"hiya there! long time no see, y/n~" venti greeted with a cheerful smile

you sat down at the angel's share, looking like a mess.

"venti.. not now please." you stressed, chugging down the glass of alcohol.

"hey! leave some for me!" venti gasped before grabbing the bottle next to you.

you laughed with a bitterswet tune. venti was the same as always. good for him.

———————————  ★༄

a few years back, venti had helped you write poems and become a writer. your story started when you heard him play beautifully in the plaza.

you had a certain distaste for music, seeing it as useless and noisy.

that was until you heard venti perform.

every note he hit was one coming from celestia itself. it was captivating, like a siren calling onto sailors.

that was the day you started writing as well, and soon enough you asked for his advice. you bought him a drink as payment and this eventually became a cycle.

from weeks, to months, to years, you and venti formed a friendship that you never expected to have.

he was fun and carefree while you were more reserved and laid-back. if he was the sun, then you were the moon.

your friendship deepened as you learned about his secret. he wasn't just a regular bard, he was in fact barbatos himself.

you didn't care much, seeing as he still made you buy drinks. it didn't change the way you saw him.. a friend.

one night, the moon lit the streets once again. just you and venti at a table, like always. this time, he may have drunken a little more than 10 glasses of apple cider.

the bard was drunk, laughing more than usual.

"you know, hic- you're really attractive!" venti smiled, slurring on his words.

you looked up from the papers you were writing on, giving a shocked expression.

"you're-you're really cute and- i kinda like you! hehe." he continued on.