albedo ➶︎ moment of birth

MOMENT OF BIRTH

he wanted you all to himself

TW: YAN! Albedo. Obsession and murder.
Please read at your own risk!

alchemy was a mysterious art, but albedo was already well aware of that. he focused on his craft, making sure to fulfill his duty of figuring out the truth of this world. it was his sole purpose of living, his only reason to push forward. his master abandoned him, but he never took it to heart.

atleast that's what he assumed.

may it be suppresion or albedo's nature as an artificial human, but his emotions have been rather dull. especially thoughts and feelings about his master. he no longer remembers what it's like to miss or resent someone. has he ever hated someone? missed someone? albedo couldn't remember anymore, but he did not mind. it was a shame, though. he, although not too fond of social interaction, could feel quite lonely, too. yet, due to his apathy, he'd rather not hurt anyone.

albedo had finally finished his work for the day and tucked klee into sleep. if there was anything more important to him than alchemy, it would be his little sister. but klee could never stop him from what he planned to do next. and so albedo carefully closed the door, and headed to his workshop.

it was already past any of the knights' bedtime, but he couldn't get a wink of sleep with this experiment. he couldn't bare to delay this, not even by a second.
he locked the door before him, making sure no one could enter. no one was awake, but he needed to be extra cautious. it would be a shame if someone saw him, perhaps he'd need to shut them up using.... less peaceful methods. no one could stand in his way, no one.

albedo uncovered the canvasses he had hidden behind a white cloth, revealing numerous paintings. he had told sucrose not to touch any of them, saying it was private matters. he did not lie, but it was definitely much more than that of personal matters. there one of a crystal fly, one of a cecilia, and the rest, of you.

albedo had fallen in love with you.

from the way you presented yourself in front of others, to how you spoke to him. how you smiled graciously, and held his hand when you gave him a gift for his birthday. you were kind, feisty, and funny. you were as fragile as a crystalfly, beautiful as a cecilia. he could wish for nothing more but for you to be his, and only his.

albedo never felt so much emotions since his master left. all at once, he felt happiness, sadness, jealousy, excitement, amusement, all bubbled up together in a word he called love.

he wanted you all to himself, but you couldn't say the same.

whilst albedo harboured feelings for you, your heart was never set on him. albedo was a dear friend, and nothing more. you wanted nothing more but friendship. and so when the alchemist made his move on you, you politely rejected him. it was unfortunate, too, that you had to move away. to a nation closed off from the outside world, to inazuma. your family had already made preparations, and dating someone from mondstadt wasn't smart. so you bid the nation of freedom goodbye, never to see it again.

yet, that is what drove albedo insane.

you are the reason he felt emotions again, you are the reason he no longer drowned himself in work. you were his only love, you were the only thing he wanted. he wanted you and only you. screw his alchemy, his master, screw everything and anything else. if he couldn't have you, what was there to live for?

you were no different from his master.
you abandoned him, just like she did.

it drove him insane. it drove him mad. he just wanted you and you and you and you. he wanted you back, he wanted you to love him back. he'd do anything for you to love him back. yet as days became weeks, and weeks became months, his heart grew cold. as cold as the mountains of dragonspine, of which he admired so much.

"mister albedo? are you painting y/n, again?" sucrose asked. the mint haired girl was finishing her research paper when she noticed the familiar face. he's been like this for a month, unfinished experiments but full paintings of you.

"you must miss them a lot."

"hm, yes. don't touch any of my paintings behind the cloth, okay? you can leave when you want."

sucrose gave a small nod before noticing a small detail. red paint had been smeared all over your neck, but it wasn't so obvious. still, the detail gave the girl chills.

he had finished his preparations, and put the canvas down. he began to sketch you in perfect detail. remembering every part of your body, from the texture of yourhair, the curves on your body, the small wrinkles on your face. he perfected his image of you that was forever engraved in his memory.

finally, he began his process of bringing his painting to life. he was bringing you back into his life. he was bringing you back to life.

"i'm sorry, my angel. we can finally be back together, hm?" albedo whispered, tracing the paper.

"lifeless dust of the universe.." he began.

albedo was not in love, but obsessed. even he knew this. he wasn't stupid, he knew this was unhealthy. albedo couldn't bear the abandonment and rejection, and so he dealt with it. he took care of you. after that, he made a whole story to cover up his mistake. he covered it up and convinced himself it wasn't him. it wasn't him who killed you, you simply moved away. yes, exactly. that's what happened.

he took a deep breath, the painting slowly gaining form. first, a leg, then another, and then more. you slowly came alive. you, his one and only love.

finally, you opened your eyes and turned to see your creator. albedo choked on tears, feeling a sense of relief. but that soon turned to horror as he finally realized what he's done.

he hurt you, and attempted to bring you back. but he knew it wasn't you. he knew, he could feel it. this new you was nothing but a vessel, your heart wasn't here.

in a fit of agony, albedo screamed, no longer caring who would hear. he wad regretful, he was disguted, and he was hurt. his ice cold heart felt like it could explode any moment. he wished he never had one in the first place. the you that he artificially made sat down and hugged him. but you were not warm, you weren't even human.

not anymore.

and it was all because of him.

i originally wasn't gonna kill y/n and just give albedo abandonment issues. yandere albedo sounded too good to pass tho so oopsies~~ :P

happy lunar new year!