Chapter 1/24 -- Fallen Down

Says who the art has to be relevant?? I DO WHAT I WANT-

Written: 2/13/2021

Edited: 3/6/2021

(NEW) Edited: 8/13/2021

***

She was falling. Falling, falling, falling. Dark, darker, yet darker. She thought it'd never end. But she was used to falling, though maybe not falling from a cliff.

The girl fell in dead silence, the darkness wrapping around her body like a blanket. The only sound she could hear was the wind whipping at her hair and whispering in her ears and flapping in her clothes. She uncrossed her arms from her chest and faced the deeper darkness head on.

She flinched suddenly as she heard a cracking sound. Twisting back she felt what she thought was a vine slithering up her leg, it's thorns ripping her pants. It's going to break my leg if gets any more taunt...!

The girl tried to push off the thorny vine from her leg, but it wouldn't budge. She tried to rip it off with her fingers, scrapping and clawing at it with all her might, though it only became tighter; its thorns digging into her skin. She noticed a pale blue glow coming from below. Her panic rose dramatically, and she tried more and more desperately to get the vine off as the ground neared.

 The light became more intense.

C R A C K

A scream filled the dead air.

***

The girl opened her eyes. She saw a single dot in the distant ceiling. She turned her sore head from side to side, taking in her surroundings. "I'm at the bottom of Mt. Ebbott aren't I...?" she murmured.

"Ya sure are!" a cheery voice said.

The girl's head shot up, instantly regretting it. A sharp pain shot up her left leg. She pushed through the pain and managed to position herself on her elbows to see the owner of the happy voice.

She looked around again and noticed she was lying on a pile of pale blue and yellow flowers. In the middle of the small meadow was a golden flower with a face. She sat up the best she could and was met with its smiling face.

"Howdy! I'm Flower the Flowey!" he said. The girl cocked her head in confusion. She giggled as his features fell slightly, realizing his own mistake. "Dang it. Sorry, I meant to say, howdy! I'm Flowey the Flower!"

His face fell a little, looking quite ashamed. "S-sorry Flowey," the girl said softly. "I just found it kinda funny, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry."

"Naw, it's fine, friend," Flowey replied, a smile forming on his face again. "I don't think I got your name though. Why not introduce yourself?"

"My name is Y/n," the girl replied smiling. "Um, i-is there any way you could get me help by chance? My leg is kinda...well it's broken if you couldn't tell already."

Flowey smiled bigger (if that was possible). "No, I'm afraid I can't, friend. I don't have hands or limbs or anything to go get help...Buuut I could teach you a thing or two about how things work down here!"

Well, that's not much help. "Um, ok? Sure," Y/n replied.

"Great!" Y/n noticed his smile fading just a little bit as she felt vines slithering up her arms and shoulders, crawling up her legs. "First thing," the vines tightened, "Y o u s h o u l d n' t h a v e c o m e h e r e."

Y/n's face filled with fear as the vines began pulling her limbs in opposite directions. "W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Y/n screamed, the pain in her limbs increasing as the flower cackled at her pain. "STOP! S-STOP PLEASE! PLEASE S-STOP! SOMEONE! SOMEONE HELP ME! STOP!"

"C'mon, humans are stronger than this!" Flowey cackled, not letting go. "Fight back! Do what you have too to save yourself...!"

Y/n's vision began to blur. 

"Leave her alone!" 

The vines stopped... They stopped, and in place of them the girl could feel a pair of strong arms pick her up. "Are you alright?" the man asked. "Oh my stars... I must get you to Home."

Y/n was barely awake enough to pay attention to what was happening. She managed to catch a distant voice yelling, "You'll see me again! We're not finished, friend!" Her eyes opened sometimes, and others it took all her strength to open them and see her surroundings. She saw a series of magenta walls and green vines pass by, the colors blending together. Where was he taking her? The gentle swaying and the echo of each footstep calmed her down, and soon the girl slipped into unconsciousness.

***

"Ah, I see you're awake now." 

Y/n opened her eyes to see a strange white goat monster looking down on her. Before she had time to react, he set her gently onto a bed. Still surprised, she watched as he tidied the room quickly before returning to her bedside. "I'll be back soon, I need to retrieve some things for your injuries," he said. He swiftly turned around and left the room, his violet-colored robe vanishing from sight. She was alone.

Y/n looked around the messy room. It was red; the bedsheets, the walls, the carpet, was all a hue of red. At the foot of the bed were a stack of toys covered in dust. She looked over to see a desk with books strewn about it; also covered in dust. There was a dresser, a wardrobe, a chair, and a nightstand. All dusty, as if the room hadn't been occupied in years. She felt around and noticed the bed she was situated on had a quilt on it. This looked like a child's room.

Her thoughts were ended as soon as the goat man returned, and she noticed the prickling and aching pain in her left leg.

"I'm back, and I've brought sets and bandages" He walked over to where Y/n was sitting and positioned himself at the foot of the bed, causing it to shift dramatically. "I need to set your broken leg, child. It will hurt, I won't lie," he said softly. Y/n nodded slowly and tried to focus her attention on the picture on the opposite wall. It appeared to be a family photo...

"GA-AH!"

"I'm sorry, please keep still my child."

"AUGH, could you please warn me?! A-ah, g-geez..."

"Sorry, I thought it would be easier if you weren't expecting it, you know... not having the anxiety," he replied. Y/n let out a shaky sigh as he bandaged the bloody leg in clean white cloths. The girl could feel the two planks on either side of her leg to keep it straight. She looked at his handiwork as he tied off the last bandage. "Is that any better?" he asked, their eyes meeting.

"Y-yes. Yes, it is. Thank you, sir," Y/n replied shakily, absentmindedly tracing the patterns on the quilt.

"I am glad... You may call me Asgore, if you like. I do not believe I got your name though, miss," Asgore replied smiling.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry! My name is Y/n," she said nervously. "Sorry, I should've said it sooner."

"No, you are fine, my child," Asgore replied warmly. "I do think you should get some rest though, that leg will take a few weeks to heal, and those cuts... they will take a long time to heal. I will leave you to sleep, make yourself comfortable. If you need anything, just call."

Asgore nodded and got up to leave the room. "Asgore?"

"Yes?"

"I'm...I'm at the bottom of Mt. Ebbott, right? In the Underground?"

"...Yes. You are in the Underground now," he replied with a sad frown upon his features. "But you will be safe as long as you stay in the Ruins, with me."

Y/n nodded and laid back down on the bed. Asgore cracked the bedroom door, letting in a sheet of light onto the wall. She soon drifted into sleep, thoughts about what in the world was going to happen now that she was underground.

***

My chapters should be about this length, but I'll try to make them longer. I hope this was a good start. And I ask that you please vote or/and comment, every bit of support keeps me motivated to continue with this. Love you all and have a nice day. =)

Edit: I'll be keeping the author's notes up for newcomers. Just so you can see a bit of me as I wrote this.