Chapter 12/24 -- Waterfall Interjection

Ye.

Written: 4/5/2021

Edited: 4/6/2021

Words: 1675

***

Y/n sat lazily as she rode down the conveyor belt stairs in Undyne's lab. The scientist had woken up before her and was already downstairs in the kitchen, presumably making her own breakfast. Y/n fell onto the floor when it came to an abrupt stop.

"Y-Y/n? Are you ok?" Undyne called from the next room.

"Yeap! I'm good. Happens all the time," Y/n replied, getting up and strolling casually into the kitchen. Undyne let out a giggle and put down her tablet.

"Strangely enough, I can, heh, believe that," she remarked. "Oh, and if you want breakfast- well I mean who wouldn't- u-uh there's cereal in the pantry. Or I could make you something like oatmeal or pancakes -o-or something-"

"I'll just get myself some cereal," Y/n said, saving her friend from a rant of second guessing. "Thanks though." She got a box of cereal from the pantry (it had weird cat girls on it, but she didn't judge to much) and made herself a bowl. She sat across from her friend at the small table and ate happily as Undyne returned her attention to her tablet. "Are you watching something?" Y/n asked. Undyne's attention snapped up and she gave a nervous smile.

"U-uh yeah. Kinda. I'm just checking on my cameras' footage from last night," she responded.

"Cameras?"

"Yeah, I have them all over the Underground to- u-um- to keep an eye on everything..."

"And...watch for humans?" Undyne hesitated at the question. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah...how'd y-you know?" she asked.

"I remember seeing a camera when I walked out of the Ruins," Y/n recalled. "I wasn't sure why it was there though. Guess that makes sense." Undyne nodded. The two women finished their breakfast and Y/n helped wash the dishes while Undyne put them away. "Hey Undyne?"

"Hm?" she hummed, as they stood on the conveyer stairs to her room.

"I was wondering... Asgore lives in the Ruins, Sans and Papyrus live in Snowdin, and you live here. So, who lives in Waterfall? It seems pretty inhabitable, but I don't remember seeing any monsters there while I was- while the boys, and I were there." Undyne took a moment to contemplate the question before answering.

"Well, Waterfall is more of a visiting location I suppose. Many monsters live there of course, but not as many as in Hotlands, the Capital, and Snowdin," she replied. "People of note who live there are Alphys, who is the Head of the Royal Guard (she's super cool), Mettablook (he's very shy, but sweet and he's Napstaton's cousin), and the Tems. That's all I can think of though right now." The latter caught Y/n's attention.

"Who are the Tems? I've never heard of them before," she asked.

"The Tems...they're a dog-like race of monsters. They're super cute," Undyne said, holding her face to exaggerate. "The leader of them (you could call it) is Temmie. She runs a little shop in Tem Village near Gerson's place."

"Could we visit them...maybe...?" Y/n asked tentatively. Undyne nodded and said it was a great idea.

***

The two girls quickly got ready and met Riverperson at the same bank as before. The ride was much smoother than before, and much more relaxing. The restful silence was only torn when Riverperson suddenly spoke, grabbing the attention of the two girls..