Chapter 5/24 -- Muffet's Bakery

Muffet be on his tale-

(lol see what I did there)

Written: 3/11-12/2021

Edited: 3/14/2021

(NEW) Edited: 8/20/2021

Words: 2578

***

Y/n felt like she had been living in the quaint little town of Snowdin forever, although it'd only been a few days. Her new friends, Sans and Papyrus, helped her get situated by setting her up at the local inn. She had stayed there for the past several nights and it was actually a welcome change compared to her old life on the surface.

It was nice to not have to share a room with someone, and even nicer to not have classes to attend, friends to visit and socialize with, and family to keep up with. Although she did miss her family sometimes, and her friends, she tried to not let the thoughts get to her to much as she tried to adjust to life in Snowdin.

Y/n climbed out of bed on the fourth morning in Snowdin and pulled on a sweater and jeans and hurried to her room door. She opened it and was met with an orange hoodie in her face. She jumped back in surprise but smiled broadly when she recognized her friend.

"Good morning Papyrus," she said happily. "Why're you here? You usually meet me outside for our outings." Papyrus stepped out of the doorway and started to walk down the hall, motioning for her to follow. He never did like answering questions right then and there, he took time to think about them.

"I've already shown you around all of Snowdin," Papyrus said, stuffing his hands in his pockets as they walked down the creaky wooden stairs to the lobby of the inn. "I mean, not all of it. I thought I'd save the best part for last. C'mon, let's go get some breakfast." Papyrus pushed open the door and held it for Y/n walk through, she said a quick "thank you" and walked outside. The two were met with a whirlwind of snow and cold as they left the toasty inn. Y/n wrapped the scarf she managed to grab on her way out around her neck and shoved her hat on her head.

"Where are we going, Pap?" Y/n asked, stuffing her hands in her pockets, and looking up at the tall skeleton, confused why he wasn't saying much. He usually wasn't this quiet.

"We're goin' to a place called 'Muffet's,'" Papyrus replied simply, gesturing in front of himself. "It's the best bakery in the Underground if you ask me (although I suppose it's the only bakery in the Underground)." The girl's face lit up in excitement; she loved sweets. She amused herself with the thought that she never asked about an eatery. Especially since Papyrus or Sans had brought her donuts and cinnamon rolls and other foods for the past several days to eat. These thoughts reminded her of something.

"Oh! I've been meaning to ask how Sans is doing," Y/n said. Papyrus glanced down at her and smiled. "I haven't seen him in a little bit. Do you think he's mad I solved all his 'riddle traps' so easily-?"

"No, he's not mad, don't worry," he interrupted. The two came to a stop in front of a large restaurant looking building with "Muffet's" in giant purple letters running across the top of the building. "Sans is at Alphys' house training. And this here is where we're headed."

Papyrus opened the door for her and led her in. I wish every guy were this polite geez, Y/n thought to herself. 

Papyrus was greeted by several monsters; some looked like fluffy white dogs, others looked like plant monsters, and still others looked like various other animals. The room was cheery...if not creepy. Cobwebs decorated the corners of the shop and spiders were everywhere, some even serving the customers their meals. Tables and chairs and booths were situated everywhere, all a dark mahogany wood. At the far end of the one roomed building was a long "L" shaped counter with a glass case. Papyrus and Y/n walked up to it; the girl noticed many assorted sweets and baked goods in the display case.