Chapter 13/24 -- Misunderstandings and Stitches

It's so hard to find a good pic of Underswap Alphys. BUT THIS'LL HAVE TA DO.

Written: 4/7/2021

Edited: 4/7/2021 (because I can't stop myself)

Words: 2745

***

Undyne held out her hands in defense and shook her head. "N-no wait Alphys, she's a friend! A-Alphys...?!" The dragon lady had pushed Undyne out of the way; Y/n took a step back.

Instinctively, Y/n grabbed a nearby branch, only causing Alphys to grin as she stepped closer to the human. "You wanna fight now, don't cha punk?" she sneered, sending the axe in the girl's direction. Y/n dodged it easily and backed up more.

"A-Alphys don't fight! Let m-me explain...!" Undyne cried. Alphys turned around and shook her head.

"I won't let this human live after everything her kind has done, and is doing to us," she turned back to the human, glaring daggers as she summoned another axe to her hand. "And I won't fail the Queen's orders to capture the last human soul needed to break the Barrier!"

Alphys sent an array of glowing red axes at the human, some to her head others to her legs. Y/n was able to dodge most of them, however getting sliced on her left arm. She let out a small cry but tried her best to strain the sound. "Looks like it's time for a challenge," Alphys announced.

Without warning, Y/n's lower half was paralyzed. She could not move an inch. Her face twisted in panic when she saw her opponent encircled with various red hatchets (smol axes). "You're green now," Alphys said, confidence dripping from her harsh tone. "You'll struggle down here if you can't face danger head on human!" The hatchets rained from above on Y/n's body, others from the sides, and some were directed at her feet. Face danger head on. I think I have an idea. Her arms were sliced a few times before she figured it out. Y/n held up her stick, the hatches made physical contact and dissipated into thin air. She smirked. Aw heck yeah, it's all comin' together.

Alphys looked a little surprised the human was able to figure it out so quickly, but she didn't let much of her shock show. She growled and sent another array of attacks on her from above and below. Y/n was forced to bend in ways her spine should not have been able to do, constantly switching her branch for a weapon from her head to her ankles. "C'mon human! GIVE UP ALREADY! STOP BEING SO DAMN DETERMINED!" Alphys shouted, sending another axe her way.

Y/n's soul turned s/c (soul/color) again; it was normal. Now was her chance to fight back.

The human's eyes flashed red, as she charged at Alphys and pulled out her knife from her hoodie pocket. No, no, no, no I grabbed a stick for a reason! I don't want to hurt her! Why can't I stop myself what's going on- I-I can't what the heck NO, NO-

A wall of bones shot from the ground and circled Alphys, her face still showing signs of fear. Y/n stopped in the middle of her run and skidded to a halt, her lungs heaving from the sudden burst of speed. She looked around to see who had summoned the bone attack. "BOTH OF YOU STOP RIGHT NOW!"

"S-sans...?" Y/n muttered, dropping her knife and turning to the blue clad skeleton who was standing in the entrance way to the tucked away draconic hut. "What are you doing here...?"

"I was coming to train with Alphys. But then I saw you fighting, a-an-"

"SANS REMOVE THIS WALL RIGHT NOW," Alphys commanded, causing Sans to flinch at her harsh tone. "Or I swear I'll break it myself!"

"A-Alphys please, don't hurt the human, listen to me for a sec," Sans said calmly, his hand still outstretched as if it was the only thing keeping her still. "The human- Y/n- is an adult. H-her soul is...um...well, it wouldn't work to break the Barrier because it doesn't have a pure trait. We need a pure trait soul. So, killing Y/n would be pretty bad, a-and it wouldn't work. So...could you...not kill her, please?"