Chapter 18/24 -- He Needs Your Help

Written: 4/27-28/2021

Edited: 4/28/2021

Words: 2360

***

The days melted into weeks, the weeks turned into months, and soon two months in the Underground had passed since Y/n's last training session with Flowey. She didn't miss it and was dreading going back. Although she knew she had to when Papyrus had taken off her cast and told her that her arm was fully usable now.

A few days later Y/n decided it would be best to go to her meeting place, in a hope that she could return to the normal schedule without too much suspicion from the flower. Haunting thoughts had loomed over her head ever since she told Papyrus about her training, about the real reasons behind her constant anxiety and injuries.

She opened her bedroom door quietly, hoping Papyrus was out and Sans was asleep or something. She grabbed her phone and stuffed it into her backpack, along with a few other necessities, and slipped out of her room and to the front door. Just as her hand hovered over the door-handle, a hand grabbed her shoulder firmly, causing her to freeze in her tracks.

"Where do you think you're going...?" he asked harshly.

Y/n winced but turned around. "I'm... gonna go to training with Flowey," she whispered, as if someone were listening. "Please, Pap, I need to go now. Let me leave, ok?" Papyrus frowned down at her, releasing his hand from her shoulder though not moving an inch from his position a few feet in front of her.

"Let me come."

"What?"

"Let me come," Papyrus repeated. "I wanna help. Let me come and fight him with you and maybe we can get rid of him for good."

"Pap no I can't..."

"Please? C'mon you have to. I don't want something like that running around hurting people. He has to be stopped, Y/n. Let me come along-"

"Papyrus, I said no. And I mean it," Y/n said sternly, holding his bony hand in her own. "Look, if I don't go now then Fowey will think something's up. He knows how long it takes for a broken bone to heal, he's not stupid. If I don't go tonight, he's gonna probably come and find me and...I...I don't know...I don't know what he'll do, but it won't be good and I don't want you to get caught up in it anymore than you already are-"

"Says who he doesn't already know that I know?" Papyrus said. Y/n paused, the thought hitting her like a brick. Oh. I hadn't thought of that. "Sweetheart just let me come I want to help. Please, or else I'll come without you knowing."

"Papyrus no! Just no! LISTEN TO ME!" she exclaimed, gripping his hand tighter. Papyrus's expression faded into sorrow as he gave in for her to speak. "I'm not letting you go because it's not the right time. I can feel it, and it's just...not the right time, ok? I'll be fine, I know how to take care of myself-"

"Last time says differently though-"

"Last time was different, he caught me off guard," she retorted poking an accusatory finger at his chest. "He won't do that this time. I'll be ok. I promise. Now promise me you won't follow me ok?"

"Honey you know I don't make promises..."

"Just this once...? For me? Please?" Papyrus hesitated, as if having an internal struggle on what to say. He grumbled and let out a heavy sigh before shaking her hand and letting it go.

"Fine. Only this once," he said. He pulled her into a hug, making her smile and hug him tightly back. "But promise to be back as soon as you can, I don't want to have to worry for the whole night." Y/n nodded and gave him a peck on the cheekbone before quickly exiting the house, hoping he didn't see her blushing face.