Chapter 11/24 -- Greetings, Fellow Nerd

Written: 3/28/2021- 4/3/2021

Edited: 4/3/2021

Words: 3107

There's a whole debate on whether Riverperson is male or female, but for the sake of the story I'll say Riverperson but use she/her.... because that's my headcanon and I'm sticking with it because someone can't not have a gender.

***

Sans banged on Y/n's door. "Hurry up human! We are going to be late!" he scolded.

"I'm hurrying as fast as I can Sans!" she retorted as she shimmied and jumped into her jeans. Putting on girl jeans be like this. Why?? Y/n heard the young skeleton's footsteps as he walked downstairs. She finished changing into her jeans and a hoodie and walked downstairs.

"You ready to go? Sans is already outside," Papyrus said from his position on the worn green couch. Y/n nodded and headed for the door. She turned and looked at him, waiting for the lazybones to get up off the couch. "What?"

"Aren't you coming? Undyne is your friend after all," she said. Papyrus shrugged and got up reluctantly, quickly coming to her side.

"I was hoping I could get away with sleeping away the afternoon," Papyrus said as he pretended to yawn. Y/n rolled her eyes and walked out, motioning for him to follow. He ducked his head and followed her. "But it seems her majesty can't bear to be away from me for a whole afternoon."

"N-no! That's not it at all and you know it!" she exclaimed. "And stop your terrible puns, they're very asinine." (Zelda fans have entered the chat). Papyrus chuckled at her reaction and ruffled her hair playfully, causing her to hit him on the shoulder.

"Whatever you say kiddo," he said, making sure to walk in front of her now.

"I am not a child Papyrus."

"No of course not. You used a big word after all." Y/n rolled her eyes and huffed, shoving her hands in her pockets angrily. This idiot is getting on my nerves. But...he's just playing. Playing...Y/n's thoughts wandered to last night as they walked through Snowdin. When Papyrus was drunk, and when he had-

"It's about time you two!" Sans said, jumping up and down. He was standing near the river, as if waiting for someone. "The Riverperson is almost here!"

"Sorry, I had to wait for miss lazybones over here," Papyrus said, sending a teasing glance at Y/n. She returned to the world of the living and sent him a glare.

"You're one to talk Carrot," she shot back. He let out a chuckle and walked to Sans's side, ignoring the comeback.

Soon enough a boat came down the river. On the long low boat was a tall figure in a navy cloak, the hood hung over its face. Sans looked excited and carefully stepped into the wooden boat, soon followed by his older brother.

"Milady?" Papyrus said, a grin on his face as he held out his hand for Y/n to take. She blushed a little and rolled her eyes, but took his hand anyway, mumbling a "thank you" as she stepped on the boat.

"Oh, hello Papyrus, Sans. A pleasure to see you again," she said, her voice distant and melodic sounding. "Who is the human this time?"

"Riverperson, meet Y/n! She's staying with us right now," Sans explained happily. "We're going to visit Undyne today!"

"I see..." Riverperson said. "To Hotland then?" Sans nodded vigorously.

"To Hotland, yes," Papyrus confirmed.

"Then we're off..." The boat shook causing Y/n to lose her balance. One hand flew to the boat's rim, the other hand to Papyrus's forearm because he was sitting next to her. The boat seemed to have grown legs, the dog's face on the prow seemed to be panting as it pushed off on the water. The boat flew down the river, water splashing happily at the sides.