Chapter 8/24 -- Figuring it Out

I had no idea what to do for the art....so have a morning Papy. Who drinks straight honey. My brother does that and I love to call him Swap or Stretch or Carrot and he's so confused by it XD

Written: 3/17-18 /2021

Edited: 3/20/2021

Words: 1756

***

Y/n opened her eyes slightly to see the window open and the sun shining. She lifted herself up and saw she had fallen asleep at the desk, her clothes from yesterday still on. Heaving a sigh, she got up and changed into a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and walked out the door.

She waved to the lady at the desk and exited the small inn. She waved back and smiled. I need to find a way to get some income to pay her back. But where am I supposed to get money?

"Heya kiddo, fancy seeing you here."

Y/n flinched at the sound of Papyrus's voice and turned around to see him leaning leisurely against the wall of the inn, a cigarette between his teeth. "I live here you-" she stopped herself, not wanting to make him hate her more because of yesterday. "Why are you here?"

"I live here muffin-top. Duh," Papyrus replied, a smile forming on his face. Y/n visibly cringed and walked away. "Sorry, sorry! I was joking!" he said as he ran to catch up with her fast pace. She gave him a look of pure disgust.

"You can call me kid, kiddo, child, twerp, jerk, idiot, squirt, anything! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN- EUGH," she exclaimed, hitting him in the shoulder (although it hurt her more than him because his arm is literally all bone). "Geez. Don't ever call me that again please."

"Alright I won't. I'm terribly sorry milady," he replied, tossing the cigarette away. Y/n rolled her eyes and looked ahead, noticing she was walking in the direction of the bakery. "You still wanna go to Muffet's with me?" Papyrus asked tentatively. He didn't seem to be mad at her for some reason...

"Don't you have sentry duty right now? Ya know, work?" the girl asked. Papyrus rolled his eyes then shrugged dismissivly.

"I'm on break."

"At this early? I don't believe that, Carrot."

"I'm on my first break. I have a few of them strung throughout the day actually," Papyrus said slowly, a devious grin rising to his face.

"Papy please-"

"So many... it could be a web if I wanted it to."

"Ugh," Y/n groaned. "That was horrible Paps. Horrible."

"You liked it, admit it." She shook her head, trying to hide her smile. "Oh look, we're at the webmaster's bakery already."

Y/n opened the door to Muffet's and the two walked in. Papyrus motioned for her to follow him, leading her to the back of the room to a more private booth. They sat down and a spider climbed down holding a notepad. "Just right what you want on the notepad. The spiders'll bring it soon. Or they'll have it left in the kitchen for a bit until Muffet fusses at them." Y/n snorted and wrote down her order. Papyrus did the same, happy that he got a reaction from his joke. The spider left them and crawled up and across the ceiling.

"So..." he started, trying to ease the tension between them. "How are you doing?"

"...I'm fine," she replied plainly. "How are you? And...Sans?"

"Sans is doing just fine," Papyrus replied mildly. "You broke his arm, and his other bones got a little bruised, but nothing too bad." Y/n looked at her hands in her lap.