Chapter 16/24 -- Scars Show Sometimes

Picture is not relevant in the least, but I thought it was cute andddddd.... idk. I feel obligated to put up art XD

That's just me though.

Witten: 4/15-16 /2021

Edited: 4/17/2021

Words: 2354

***

Who's that? Papyrus wondered as he saw a figure at the end of town. Their pace was slow, and they seemed to be struggling to walk. Hold on a second-

"Y/N?!" He dropped his bottle of "honey" and ran to her just as her body hit the cold snow. He sprinted to her side and pulled her from the snow, wiping her face and other snow touched areas from the cold. "Y/n? Kiddo What happened? Y/n, can you hear me? Answer me!" His panic swelled to the size of a balloon in his chest when she didn't answer right away.

She groaned at the movement and tilted her head upward. "Pap...?" She squinted and could barely make out his face. His expression melted from worry to relief as he exhaled, his breath a white cloud in the night air.

"Oh thank God you're alright..." he murmured, shifting her body and pulling her up and into an embrace. She winced and let out a small cry of pain. Papyrus loosened his grip and pulled back, taking a moment to examine her body. "Or maybe not alright..."

"Could you...take me to... the house?" she said softly, her lungs burning as she spoke. Papyrus nodded and stood up, helping her to stand up as well. He looped her arm around his shoulders as he bent down to her height, trying to support her as they both took a few steps in the direction of the house.

Y/n grunted from the pain and stumbled, sending both her and Papyrus tumbling into the snow. He wrapped his arms quickly around her and broke her fall, although she landed on top of his thick winter coat. They lied there for a moment, staring into each other's eyes until she decided to break the silence.

"Pap?"

"Yeah?"

"This would be really romantic if... if I didn't have several broken bones, ya know?"

Papyrus rolled his eyes and helped her up. "Well then we better get you home safely and in style," he replied, a grin suddenly appearing on his face. Y/n gave him a confused look. He bent down and slipped his right hand under her knees and secured his left hand on her back as he lifted her from the ground. "You alright?" he asked.

No, I'm not. I'm extremely uncomfortable. Her face was beet red. Whether from the fact he was holding her bridal style, or from the cold, she didn't even want to consider. She nodded and leaned into his coat, which made him smile despite the situation. He walked as fast as he could to the house, careful not to move to much or cause her to much pain. He had been tempted to use a short-cut, but thought better of it considering he knew nothing of what had actually happened to her and the severity of her injuries.

Soon enough he had made it home. Y/n had barely been able to open the door although she managed to do so. Papyrus had a hunch his brother was still up and decided to call him for some help. "SANS! I NEED YOUR HELP! GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

"You sound so mean..." Y/n murmured, a smile on her face for some reason.

"I can be when I need to," he replied just as quietly. Not long after, Sans clambered down the stairs, his blue bandana still tied around his neck. "Sans can you get the first aid kit and some wet towels please?" Papyrus asked. Sans's face filled with panic at the sight.

"P-Papy- w-what, what did you do-?"

"It wasn't me," he stated, his voice low and irritated. "Now do as I said and get. The. First. Aid. Kit." Sans nodded and sprinted to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Papyrus gently put Y/n onto the couch, positioning her body so she was lying down.