Agni Kai

You and Yyn (pronounced Yin, you dumb fucks) were crouched on opposite sides of the agni kai chamber, backs facing each other. You both stood, facing each other before shedding off your shoulder garnets. Your mother sat in the seat closest to the stage. A gong rang, echoing through the high-ceiling chamber. Yyn moved first, sending a strong wave of fire towards you. You propelled yourself away from it, sliding your leg in a semi circle on the floor, flames sweeping towards her. She slid her foot forward, cutting through the middle. She glared up at you.

"I will win this!" She exclaimed, taking to run at you for close-quarter combat.

"We'll see," you murmured, redirecting her arms away from you. She sent quick jabs and little kicks towards you, but you defended yourself. You eventually grabbed both her wrists and held them out, exposing her torso and face. You took a deep, strong breath in. Yyn gasped. Flames spewed out of your mouth and directly into Yyn's face. You let go of her wrists so she could stumble back with a yell. Her body connected to the floor, second degree burns covering a majority of her upper body.

You looked over to see your mother staring at Yyn, eyes watery. You looked back at Yyn who was in the middle of having a breakdown. You turned, beginning to walk away from her. That was when you heard an infuriated yell and felt the heat come towards you rapidly. You turned your head to see a giant ball of fire flying towards you.

"Y/n!" Your mother cried out. You took another stance, sliding your foot behind you in a grounded position. Taking a quick, deep breath in, you extended your arm. Red-orange flames spewed out initially, before the colors were cut through by azure blue. The fireball sent by Yyn was sliced, grazing both sides of your body before disipating into the floor. Yyn and your mother stared at you, their eyes wide.

"How..." Yyn trailed off, her teeth grinding against each other in anger. "How do you have blue flames?! I should be the one who has them! I'm a better and stronger firebender than you!"

"If that was the case, you would've won," you replied, taking a steadying breath out. "But I would get your burns taken care of first."

~
It was a few days after your Agni Kai with Yyn. You have not seen or heard from her, nor were you going to wonder why. It would've been useless. In the hall of the palace, you heard your mother come up behind you.

"Y/n," she gently called. You looked behind yourself at her.

"Yeah?" You replied, stopping. She stood in front of you and crouched to your height, placing her hands on your shoulders.

"Dear, you're going to be staying with your father for a little," she said. You hummed.

"Okay, but why?"

"Yyn isn't..." She paused. "I don't think it's smart to have you here right here. Besides, he can teach you more about waterbending and specialized bending."

"Hm..." You hummed, "Will you be okay?"

"Of course I will be." She laughed lightly before placing a kiss on your head. "Have fun, Y/n."

Ja ne!

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}