Jailed {4}

You felt a draft come through the vent. No later than a second, tons of coal came spurting out of the vent and into the air like an eruption. Everyone looked on in both shock and wonder. You and Sokka moved out of the way when the coal landed on the ground. Aang popped out of the vent and landed on top of the pile. And then proceeded to cough out the ash from his throat. Katara ran up the pile of coal.

"Here's your chance, earthbenders!" She declared, "Take it! Your fate is in your own hands!" She held up a piece of coal. Haru took a step forward, but his father stopped him. The prisoners took a couple steps back away from the pile and the warden laughed. 

"Foolish girls," the warden said, "You thought a few inspirational words and some coal would change these people?" You joined Katara on the pile and glared at the warden.

"Look at these blank, hopeless faces. Their spirits were broken a long time ago. Ohh, but you still believe in them. How sweet." The warden smiled maliciously. "They're a waste of your energy, little girls. You failed." He turned around and began to walk away. A lump of coal hit him on the head. He turned, growling. Hari was spinning rocks in his hand. The warden bent fire towards Haru, but Tyro raised a coal wall to stop it. The soldiers lined up with the warden.

"Show no mercy!" He ordered.

"WITH PLEASURE!!" You yelled. The earthbenders attacked the guards with the coal given to them. You held out your arms and slowly raised them. The water from around the shipyard raised above the prison. Everyone stopped when a shadow fell over them.

"A waterbender!" The warden said. You glared at him.

"HELL YEAH I AM!!" You moved your arms opposite to each other in a C shape, sending the water flying towards them. The guards were knocked into the water below, both on your level and the ones above. You held your arms out and the water began to spiral into a drill. You stepped forward, pushing your arms out. The water-drill broke through the metal door.

"Get to the ship, now!! We'll hold them off!" You ordered. Multiple prisoners ran towards the opening.

"Do no let them escape!" The warden ordered. You used your water to propel you closer to him.

"Hi warden," you said with a smile. "Goodbye warden." You used your water to sweep him, as well as a few guards, up into a ball of water and suspended them over the ocean.

"No, please. I can't swim," the warden said. You smiled at him.

"My mom used to tell me that cowards float... you're fine!" You dropped your arms and the water collapsed. All of them fell into the water below.

~
The prisoners took the ships from the yard and began to sail away from the rig. Sokka, Aang, and Katara were riding Appa while you were riding the ship with Tyro and Haru.

"I want to thank you for saving me, for saving us," Haru said. You turned around to look at him.

"Well, coal can do a lot for you," you joked with a smile.

"It wasn't the coal, Y/n," Haru said, "It was you." Your brows raised slightly in surprise.

"Thank you for helping me find my courage, Y/n of the Water Tribe." Tyro put his hand on your shoulder. You smiled lightly.

"My family and everyone here owes you much."
You shook your head.

"I don't do debts, don't worry about it," you said, "So you're going back to your home."

"Yes, to take back my village. To take back all of our villages!"
The people cheered in agreement.

"The Fire Nation will regret the day they set foot on our land!!"
The cheering echoed through the air.

"Come with us," Haru said to you.

"I can't," you replied, "Your mission is to take back your homes. Ours is to get Aang to the North Pole." You looked down at the bison.

"That's him, isn't it? The Avatar," Haru said, looking at Aang who was playing with a piece of rock. You nodded.

"Y/n, thank you for bringing my father back to me," he said, "I never thought I'd see him again. I only whish there was some way--"

"Don't worry about it," you interrupted, placing your fingers on your eye. You suddenly let out a gasp and covered it.

"My patch. It's gone," you said. Normally, people would be like, 'It's just an eyepatch, no big deal!' It wasn't just medical patch made for eye wounds... it was part of your mother's old shirt that you managed to save before all of her belongings were burned. You quickly took off the ratty clothes given to you and tied it around your head and eye.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}