Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet {3}

After a pretty painful discussion, it was agreed upon that Sokka and Katara would stay in the village, and you and Aang would go to the Fire Nation. Right now, you were on top of Appa and Aang was trying to move him.

"Let's go, Appa! Come on, boy!"
Appa grunted and pulled back against Aang.

"Look, I'm sorry, but Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us," Aang said to him.

"Feelin' the love here," you said dryly.

"Sorry..." Aang said sheepishly, "But if they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself... so get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Aang pulled Appa, but he didn't budge.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something."
You turned around to see Katara, Sokka, and all of the other villagers outside.

"Please don't go, you two," Katara said, "The world can't afford to lose you two to the Fire Nation... neither can I." You looked at Aang.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means," Aang replied, "I need to get to the fire temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!" He jumped onto Appa. He grabbed the reins and Appa began to walk forward. The siblings ran in front of Appa.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, you two," Katara said.

"Oh my god, JUST GET ON THE BISON'S BACK ALREADY!!!!!!"

When you four were situated, the young man walked up to Aang.

"It's a long journey to the crescent island," he said, "You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck." He handed Aang something.

"Thank you for your--"

"GO!" He interrupted Aang. Appa took off immediately.

~
The sun was slowly rising and you weren't even half way there. Appa was going as fast as he could. You sat back on the saddle and just so happened to look down. There, you saw Zuko's ship.

"Aang, we have trouble," you warned.

"Yeah, and it's gaining fast!" Sokka yelled. You stood up and watched the ship. You saw them light something on fire before launching it.

"FIRE BALL!" Katara yelled.

"I SEE THAT!!" You yelled back, raising your hands. Water shot up from the ocean and smothered the flames. You circled your wrists and the water formed a ball, but it was still in motion. You pushed your arms to the side and the stink ball flew by you and into the ocean.

"We have to get out of Zuko's range before they shoot another shitball again!" You said, trying to stop yourself from grimacing at the smell.

"Can't you make Appa go any faster?!" Sokka asked.

"Yeah, but there's just one little problem," Aang replied. You peeked over and saw a Fire Nation blockade.

"Oh great," you muttered.

"If we fly north, we can go around the Fire Nation ships and avoid the blockade," Aang said, "It's the only way." He looked back at all of you.

"There's no time!" Katara exclaimed.

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to come. It's too dangerous."

"JUST SHUT UP AND PLOW THROUGH THE BLOCKAGE, AND STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH!"

"... Appa, yip yip!"
Appa took off faster. As you got closer, dozens of fireballs came at you. The three of them screamed. You jumped on top of the saddle and moved your arms in a circular motion above your head. The water from below shot up in a cyclone motion. The water travelled in front of you, blocking whatever fireballs came towards you. Putting them out, then shooting them in another direction.

"Aang! Go up in the clouds!" You yelled. He pulled the reins and Appa flew higher. When you broke through the clouds, more fireballs greeted you. You bent the clouds into water and used it to protect you. A fireball skimmed Appa, singeing his fur. You used your one hand to skim the water over where the burn marks are.

"Go DOWN!" You ordered. Aang followed your instruction and moved back down, skimming the water. They shot more fireballs at you.

"HOW FAST CAN THEY RELOAD?!?!" You yelled, finally losing your patience. You slid your leg forward and slowly raised your arms. The water below the ships teetered, before forming a wave and swallowing them under, creating an opening. A fireball was shot directly at all of you. You took another step forward and raised your arms. A pillar of water came and smothered the fire. Aang jumped off Appa and used his airbending to destroy it. Then he came flying back onto to Appa. You held him up. Without any more fireballs, the six of you made it past the blockade.

"We made it!" Aang exclaimed happily.

"We got into the Fire Nation... great," Sokka said sarcastically.

'Home...' You thought.

~
As the six of you cruised through the air, it got later... and later... and later. You were almost on the verge of falling asleep.

"There it is--the island where Roku's dragon took me," Aang announced. You crawled to the front of the saddle and looked over.

When you landed, you let Appa rest behind some rocks, and the rest of you began your ascent up the stairs.

"I don't see any guards," Sokka said.

"This Temple isn't used, so it's obvious no guards would have to be here 24/7," you replied.

"And you know this... how?" Sokka inquired. You shrugged.

"It's common sense. Roku used this temple, and he's not here anymore. Makes sense they wouldn't need constant guarding."

"It's almost sundown. We'd better hurry," Aang said. All of you jumped out from behind the ledge and began to run into the temple. When you entered, all of you began to sneak around.

"Wait... I think I heard something," Sokka whispered. When all of you turned around there were five people at the entry.

"We are the Fire Sages, guardians of the temple of the Avatar," the middle one spoke.

"Great. I am the Avatar," Aang said opened. You facepalmed.

"We know," the middle one replied. Then he, as well as the others, bent fire towards you all. You moved to the front and created a wall of water.

"I'll hold them off. Run!" You exclaimed. You used your water to whip them off their feet and then push them backwards.

"If the Avatar contacts Roku, there's no telling how powerful the boy will become," the middle one stood up first. You whipped your arm in a wave motion, encasing all of them in ice.

"JUST GOTTA CATCH HIM THEN!! TOODLES!!!" You also ran away.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}