The Avatar's Come Back

You ran out to the village to find everyone gone. Making your way to the entrance, everyone was huddled around there. Katara and Aang were in front of them. You moved past the group.

"Y/n," Katara said softly. You looked at the falling flare.

"I'm assuming y'all were the ones that sent that flare up?" You asked.

"It was an accident, I swear," Katara quickly replied.

"Y/n," Gran Gran said, "Why didn't you stop Katara from going on that ship? You know it's forbidden."

"I was asleep, actually," you said, "I didn't know they went on it. Besides, do you actually think I would've stopped them?" You looked at all of them. Then at Aang and Katara. Then at the fading flare.

"I'm not Katara's keeper. I'm not anyone's keeper. So let's get that straight. Katara, Aang, you do what you think is right." You turned and walked back into the village. While you wanted to stay and argue with them, that flare could be dangerous news to the village.

~
You and Sokka both stood out on a ledge, looking over the water. He was in his traditional warrior attire. Neither of you said anything to each other. You assumed Aang left, since you didn't see him after that. You didn't know where Katara was. There was a light explosion. That caught your attention. The ground underneath you began to rumble and vibrate. Signalling something big was coming at you. Sokka's watchtower collapsed.

"Oh man!" He exclaimed. A large silhouette came over you. A fire navy ship sailed right towards you, breaking into the snow and ice.

"Oh man..." Sokka said, gaping at its size. Without standing and waiting for it to collide into you, you grabbed him and jumped back down. You stood in front of him and got into a stance. The ship stopped before the village and let out hissing steam. The villagers watched from behind you. The front of the ship came down as a ramp right in front of your face. You refused to move. The inside of the ship was exposed. Whimpers and quiet exclaims came from behind you. All of them knew it was a fire navy ship. Three people appeared from the ship and began to walk down the ramp. Then multiple others followed. Sokka tried to run past you, while warrior crying, but you just held him back and stood firm.

The one without the mask came forward, looking around the villagers, then looking at you. Something seemed to click in your mind.

'Zuko?' You thought, staring at him.

"Where are you hiding him?" He asked you.

"Hiding who?" You inquired with a straight face, not allowing your thoughts to be seen. He scowled at you and walked past you, grabbing Gran Gran and turning to show you.

"He'd be about this age, master of all elements."
It clicked in your mind who he was talking about, but once again, you didn't let it show. He pushed Gran Gran back into Katara's arms. With a grunt, he moved his arm and fire came flying towards your face. You flicked your hands in front of you and the flames dispersed.

"I know you're hiding him!" He exclaimed.

"We're not," you replied, "He left a while ago." He seemed to pause at your words.

"You're lying."

"Prove it then."
Your eyes moved to the other soldiers. With a quick wave of your arm, the water from around you whipped up and smacked into them, sending them flying into the water. Zuko made a fist and sent more fire towards you. You put them out with the water and made the water from under him grab him by the leg. You raised your arm and it pulled him into the ocean.

"Hey, Y/n."
You stopped and turned, seeing Aang riding a penguin.

"When the hell did you get here?"

"Just now."

"... great."
Zuko reappeared, clawing his way back onto the land.

"I'm about to drown you, no cap," you said.

"It's okay Y/n, I got this," Aang said, walking in front of you. You raised your brows.

"... okay."
You were quick to sit down and let Aang take care of it. Aang brought his staff downward, sending a stream of air towards Zuko. You nudged one of the kids.

"Do you think he's cool?" You whispered towards them. They nodded enthusiastically. Zuko sent flames at Aang, but he didn't fight back with air. He tried to smother and redirect them by spinning his staff. He and Zuko slowly circled. When Aang stood in front of all of you, the flames were blown into them. You quickly created a wall of water and put them out. Aang, seeing and hearing their cries, stopped moving and relaxed.

"If I go with you, will you promise to leave everyone alone?" He asked. There was a silence. Zuko got out of his stance and nodded. Some of the fire nation soldiers managed to crawl back up. At Zuko's signal, they grabbed Aang and separated him from his glider.

"No, Aang, don't do this," Katara pleaded.

"Don't worry Katara, it'll be okay," Aang called back, "Take care of Appa for me until I get back." He was escorted up the ramp and into the ship. It slowly raised up. Aang smiled at all of you, even as he was trapped inside of the ship. That didn't feel right to you. When the ship began to pull away, you started running.

"Hey--Y/n! Where are you going?!" Sokka yelled.

"Where do you think, asshat?!" You yelled back. You jumped off of the snowy island. The water below you propelled you up. You landed on the outside of the ship. Water coated your hands and feet, turning to ice, and sticking you there. You knew where the ship was going. It was going to the Fire Nation. Your home.

~
You slowly crawled your way to the bridge of the ship where no one was. You looked both ways. Then you saw the open door to below the ship. You turned to face it and stood there. In a matter of seconds, Aang popped out of it and ran, but skid to a stop in front of you. You crossed your arms and raised your brows.

"Hi," Aang said.

"Hi," you replied, "Need help?" He turned, showing you his tied hands. You took some water and sliced it through the rope. He turned and kicked his foot, sending air towards the metal door. It broke off its hinges and the both of you ran towards the opening. You two ran down the thin metal corridors. When you turned a corner, three soldiers were waiting for you.

"You haven't seen my staff around, have you?" Aang asked.

"You're too damn nice," you said, rolling your eyes. You brought the water from your attached flask and whipped it across the three's faces. They went flying into the wall before being knocked unconscious. You ran past them with Aang behind you.

"Thanks anyways!" He called back. You used the water to propel you to another floor. Aang followed you. Another soldier was waiting for you. This time, he firebent towards you. You used your water to put out the flames and ran towards him, driving your fist straight into his face. The force knocked him out.

"Check the doors," you said, opening a metal door to a closet. A door closing echoed through the corridor and you turned. Aang was gone. You let out a groan.

"WHY do I ALWAYS have to figure shit out?" You grumbled.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}