Chapter 9

It's been three days since the incident, and I'm still stuck in my room. I'm surprised that Caleb or Willie hasn't stopped by. Well, I guess Willie probably can't. But I thought I'd have to perform soon. Not that I'm complaining. I stare at my mirror and notice a picture on the bottom. It was Luke and I. Right before his first performance.

"Luke," I sigh, "Why did you have to go?" I start tearing up and eventually fall apart. I bring my knees to my chest and start crying.

"Emma?" At first, I thought it was just Willie or Caleb. But that voice.... It sounded familiar. I look up and gasp. It was Luke.

"Luke?"

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Y-Yeah. I missed you."

"I missed you too." I walk over to him and give him a hug. Oh my gosh, it really was him. But how did he get here? "I know we just saw each other, but I have to go."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"I have no choice. If I stay, I could disappear forever."

"B-But I can't lose you again."

"I'm sorry, sis. I promise I'll find you again someday." He turns around and walks out of the room. I start crying again and throw the picture away. It's too late, he'll never come back. Even when we're ghosts, we never get to see each other. Maybe I should just start practicing my songs again. Then I can at least distract myself. I walk over to the piano and play the first few notes. I stop for a second and think. Is it really worth it to stay? I know I keep thinking this but it's so hard. I don't know if I can keep dealing with this. But what if I leave? I shake my head and try getting all of the crazy thoughts out of my head. I get back to the piano and start playing the song again.

Picture perfect memories

Scattered all around the floor

Reaching for the phone cause

I can't fight it anymore.

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.

For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one.

I'm all alone and I need you now.

Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control

And I need you now.

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now.

"Another shot of whiskey

Can't stop looking at the door."

I freeze for a second and look back. It was Luke. But how did he get back?

"Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before."

"And I wonder if I ever cross your mind." We sing as we walk closer together.

"For me it happens all the time."

"It's a quarter after one.

I'm a little drunk and I need you now.

Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control

And I need you now.

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now."

I turn around and try to stop thinking about him. What if I'm just going crazy again? I feel Luke grab my hand and turn me around.

"Yes I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all." We sing.

"It's a quarter after one.

I'm all alone and I need you now." I sing.

"And I said I wouldn't call

But I'm a little drunk and I need you now." Luke sings back.

"And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now.

I just need you now." We sing together as we walk closer together.

"Oh baby I need you now." I sing. I tried to give him a hug, but felt nothing. As I look back up, I noticed he's not there. Wow, I can't believe it. This was just an imagination. I guess I'll never get to see Luke again. I sigh and walk away from the piano. I go over to my desk and pick up my music folder. Let's see what songs I need to actually prepare for. I don't know why that song came to mind, when that's not even a song I have. Wait a minute, why am I doing this? Why am I trying to listen to what some ghost has to say. You know what? I don't care anymore. I'm leaving! And I'm going to do the one thing I promised Rose. And that's watching over Julie and her family.

Hey everyone! I know the past few chapters have been short. It's not that I'm trying to make it boring/sound like I have no ideas. It's just kind of a slow beginning to her story, if that makes sense. I promise, after this, it's going to get better. There may be a few short chapters, but not too much. Have a great day!

Also, if you read chapter 10 already, please ignore that chapter! I am actually going to change the story slightly. It's not going to be too much to where you'd reread everything. I'm just going to take a different turn in the story. Again, ignore chapter 10 if you've seen the plot already. If the chapter is leading on from this, then don't worry about anything! Thanks!