Chapter 11

I just finished practicing the introduction song before Caleb teleports in.

"How's my star doing?" He asks.

"Fine, I guess. I haven't done much since I became 'grounded'." I say.

"Look Emma, I never wanted it to be this way. In fact, I was happy when Willie asked you two to go into the city."

"Then why did I get trapped here?"

"Because you came back late. I know that's typically a parent thing, but I am serious about this club. I don't expect my members to show up late here, especially if a performance comes up. Plus, part of the agreement was to do whatever you're told. And unfortunately, you destroyed that agreement." My eyes widen once he says that.

"First off, I never agreed to anything. The only thing I said was I'll be a part of your band. Second off, you can't just control everyone who's a part of this club. I don't care if you're the owner or 'greatest ghost ever'. You never said being a horrible person was a part of this agreement!" He raises his eyebrows and an evil-looking smile appears. Oh no. What did I just say? "I-I-"

"So that's how you see me, huh?" I start shaking my head very fast. "Here's the thing darling." I felt a shock and fell to the floor. And it wasn't just a normal shock like before. This time, it was worse. He bends down and grabs my chin so that I'm looking at him. "Once I got that stamp on you, your soul came to me. I can control you now. And I can easily take your life away. Do you want that?"

"N-No sir."

"That's what I thought. Now, get ready. You have to perform in an hour. And believe me, you'll want to be there." He chuckles then teleports out. Great, now I have to think of two things a lot. One, what I just said to him. And what he might do now that he heard that. Two, the new band members he's been constantly talking about. I put my dress and make up on as soon as possible. I decided to curl my hair and pull part of it up. Willie teleports in, which means it's time to go.

"You ready to meet the new band members?" Willie asks enthusiastically.

"Sure." I say quietly.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's fine. I just had a talk with Caleb."

"About?"

"Well, he explained that he owns my soul now. And then I stood up for myself, but it didn't go well." Willie's eyes widen as he gasps.

"Oh no. Emma, why would you do that?!" He asks.

"I don't know! It just slipped out!"

"Oh gosh, this is bad. This is really bad!"

"What do you mean?"

"This has happened to someone before and it did not go well."

"What happened to them?" I ask.

"Caleb kept trying to control them until it got too far. They got too weak to the point where his next move caused them to disappear completely."

"So you're telling me Caleb is going to control me constantly to the point where I'll die?"

"He might not! It didn't help that the other person was making things worse between the two. But I don't know how Caleb is exactly going to react."

"Oh my god, what did I do? He's going to kill me!" I start panicking and pacing back and forth.

"I'm sure he won't! For one, you're still his lead singer. Two, he hasn't hurt you to the point where you're weak already. And what he did before was when the club first existed. So I'm sure he's changed by then."