Chapter 26

It felt like it has been hours ever since I disappeared. And it feels like I am in the same dark room as before. What is Caleb planning? Did he kill me? Am I just here temporarily? I keep hearing random noises coming everywhere. It sounds like a crowd. Oh no, it better not be the club! Before anything else could happen, I appeared backstage in the club. I gasp and notice my outfit has changed. Wait, how did that happen?

"Emma?" Someone says. I look up and see the boys in front of me. Their outfits changed too. What on earth is going on?

"Ah, there's my number one star! I wondered why it took forever!" Caleb grins.

"Why did you bring them here?" I ask.

"So that they could get the experience you have. No one knows whether or not to accept an offer unless they see what's coming to them. Let's see how everything goes." He chuckles.

"Let them go." I say. I try to go towards him until I feel someone grab me. It was one of his henchmen. Of course.

"Sorry, darling. But until I get what I want, no one gets to leave." The boys tried to stop him, but got shocked instead. I gasp and try to get myself off of the guy. "That one looked like it hurt. Now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake?"

"Don't listen to him!" Before I could say anything else, the henchman covered my mouth with his hand.

"I suggest you take my offer, because the clock is ticking." Caleb turns over to me. "And I suggest you stay away from them. At least, until they accept my offer. You know what I'm capable of doing." We all get electrocuted at the same time. "Ouch, you know where to find me." He turns around and enters the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am back! Hello, hello, hello!" He does a little spin then starts singing.

♪ You know you wanna take a chance ♪

♪ And be a little bit bad ♪

♪ Ain't nothing quite like

Living on the edge ♪

♪ So get ready to go ♪

♪ I'm chasing down a thrill ♪

♪ And looking fit to kill ♪

♪ So listen to the words a wise man said ♪

♪ He said, "Covington, I got an offer

That you can't refuse" Ha! ♪

♪ You got nothing to lose, boys ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ You got nothing to lose, boys ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ Lose ♪

♪ You got nothing to lose ♪

"Welcome to my stage, boys." He says before I teleport on stage. 

Wait what's going on? He throws a microphone at me and I start singing out of nowhere.

"You know you want a little taste

Life's short

Not a minute to waste

I'll take you higher

Than you've ever been

So come over and

Tell me how you'd like to begin

You got nothing to lose, boys, lose, lose, lose

You got nothing to lose" 

-♪ Alex! ♪

As he says that, I turn my head back right away.

♪ Show me what you've got! ♪

Wow, he really meant it. No one's going to leave.

♪ Dum, dum, dum ♪

♪ Reggie! ♪

♪ Swing it, baby ♪

I start to tear up when realizing what I've done. This is all my fault. I just hope he doesn't do what I think he is.

♪ Now, Luke, yeah ♪

♪ You and me! ♪

♪ Da-da-da-da-da ♪

♪ Ba-ba-da-ba ♪

♪ How do you like my new band? ♪

Oh that is it! I know for a fact they never accepted anything!

♪ You got nothing to lose ♪

As he hits the high notes, I throw my microphone to the floor. And all of the accessories on my outfit.

♪ So, come over here, baby ♪

♪ I got what you need ♪

♪ Let yourself go crazy ♪

♪ All bets on me ♪

Caleb then notices me and gives an evil smirk.

♪ It's electrifying ♪

♪ From your hat to your shoes ♪

♪ I feel it in the air ♪

♪ We got nothing to lose ♪

♪ La, la, la, la, la, la ♪

On the final note, I ran after him. Before I could get him, I get teleported off stage.

"Yeah!" Caleb shouts before bowing to the crowd. I start looking around for the boys, until I see them going off the other side of the stage. One of the henchmen hollers my name. I run to the other side before he could catch me.

"Reggie!" I shout.

"Emma! How do we-"

"You guys need to teleport out!" I yell.

"But what if we get caught?" Alex asks.

"You won't, I promise! Just go!" I say.

"We're not leaving you!" Luke yells.

"I'll be fine! Go, before it's too late!" I start shoving them away.

"No! I am not going to lose you again!" Reggie shouts as tears roll down his face.

"And I can't lose you, either. That's why you need to go." Tears then came down my face. Reggie puts his hand gently on my cheek. And before anything could happen, he did the unthinkable.

He kissed me.

"There she is!" We pull away from each other and look back. Oh no, they found me.

"All of you, get out! Good luck at the Orpheum!" I shout. They all look at each other, then teleport away. The henchmen grab me before I could even say goodbye. "Let me go!" I hear a deep laugh as I see Caleb step into the light.

"Oh, Emma. I knew you would betray me someday. How unfortunate that it had to be so soon." Caleb says.

"It's better to be sooner than later!" I shout.

"Ouch, I'm hurt. Oh wait, I can't feel pain." He chuckles. "Only you can, my dear." I felt the worst shock in history that second. Everything became blurry for a second.

Then darkness became my best friend.