Chapter 10

I start getting ready to leave until Willie teleports in.

"Hey! I just wanted to check on you and- wait, what are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm going to go check on Rose's family, like I promised her." I say.

"You know you can't leave the club, right?"

"Yeah, I know. But I'm willing to risk it."

"Emma, I can't let you-"

"Why not?"

"Because you could get caught! And there are so many things that Caleb could do! I don't want you to get hurt o-or even-"

"Willie! I'll be fine! I don't think Caleb will notice I'm missing if I'm gone for a few minutes. And if he does, I'll take the punishment. But I promise you, I'll do whatever it takes to stay here with you."

"Just be safe." He sighs.

"I will. See you later!" I teleport out and back to Rose's house. Once I got there, I noticed Julie walking into the studio. I walk over to the door and slowly walk in. She goes to the piano and sits down.

"I'm so sorry, Mom. That I haven't been here." Julie says.

"Don't ever feel sorry, Julie. It's not your fault." I say. Oh wait, she can't see or hear me. I walk over to where all of the equipment is and sit down. Julie sighs as she walks over to the stairs. She climbs to the top and looks around for a few minutes. I watch her come back down with a disk. Oh my gosh. It's Sunset Curve! Our band! She puts the disk in and starts playing the first song, which was Now or Never.

One, two, three.

Take off

Last stop

Countdown till we blast open the top

Face first, full charge...

After a few seconds, we heard screaming coming out of nowhere. All of a sudden, three guys appear out of nowhere and fall to the floor.

"Whoa! How did we get back here?" One asks. That voice, it sounds familiar. Julie starts screaming, which causes the others to scream. I covered my ears until they stopped. Julie runs outdoors to go look for her dad. The boys start walking and looking around.

"How long has it been?" Another guy asks.

"Too long, the studio must have changed a bit."

"I think the better question would be how did we get here? Last I recalled, we were taking our last breaths in the hospital." Why does that voice sound familiar? Like someone I know?

"Maybe it was a miracle?"

"Really, Reggie? Since when does eating bad street dogs and dying become a miracle?" Oh my gosh. No way. It can't be them. I step out a little bit more and gasp. It was them. Luke, Alex, and Reggie. They're back. But how? As they continue looking around, Alex notices me.

"Umm, who are you?" He asks. They all bring their attention to me after that.

"I-umm. No one!" I then teleport out of the studio. I look from the door and see confused looks on their faces.

"Was that Emma?" Reggie asks.

"It can't be. She's still alive! That might just be another ghost or whatever we are right now." Luke says. Wow. I guess they don't know. I'm not alive anymore... Wait. That gives me an idea. Maybe if I ever get a solo, I can perform my own song. And that song would be about feeling invisible. Speaking of performing, I should head back. If Caleb catches me, I'm doomed. I head back to the club and go to my room without him noticing. I get my notebook out and start writing lyrics to my new song. After about thirty minutes, I finish all of my ideas for the song. Huh, I'm surprised I never got caught leaving. I hear a knock on the door and freeze for a moment. Crap, that might be him.

"C-Come in." I shout. The door opens, and Willie walks in. "Oh, thank goodness it's just you!"

"You are so lucky he didn't come up here! I kept distracting him with the next performance plan." Willie says.

"Thank you so much! Anyways, what's the plan?"

"Well, he's going to go solo in this song. So you'll just be a back up. But... there is a reason as to why he doesn't want you singing."

"Which is?"

"I-I gotta go. But I put the song in your folder for you. That way, he didn't catch you. Anyways, see you in a couple of hours!" He quickly teleports out after that. Huh, I wonder why he was so scared to say why. Ah well, I'll figure it out soon. I pick up my folder and look at the song I'm supposed to practice. Wait, why is 'Other Side of Hollywood' there? Oh no. That means the new band members are going to show up soon. Well, I guess I should start practicing.