Chapter 12

I stand there for a moment and just stare at them with wide eyes. I can't believe it. They're here, right in front of me. But how? Oh no, I hope it isn't what I think. I grab Willie before he walks over, and take him backstage.

"What's up?" Willie asks.

"What is going on? Why are they here?" I ask.

"Are you talking about-"

"Yes I am talking about my band! How did they get here?" Willie sighs and closes his eyes. Great, another thing that I don't know about.

"Well, that was the plan that Caleb had."

"So they are the new band members."

"Yeah..." Great. To think things weren't crazy enough.

"They get a decision though, right?"

"I think so. That's what Caleb told me at least."

"Okay, good. As long as he's not forcing them like he did to us."

"He promised he won't. But... you know how he is." I roll my eyes and sigh.

"If he does, I swear I'm going to-"

"Emma! Don't! If you try to stop or hurt him, he'll get you back. I can't lose you now. And now that he's seen you, Luke can't lose you." I start to tear up once he says that. I don't want to leave him, either. But I can't risk them getting hurt or even disappearing.

"I won't, I won't. I just don't want anything to happen to Luke." At that point, tears start rolling down my cheeks. To think we ended off badly to begin with, I don't want that to happen again.

"I'll make sure he's safe, Emma. I promise." He sighs.

"Thanks, Will." I give him a hug before we head back out. I didn't want them to see me, though. Not yet. I just stand around the back of the stage and talk to other members. I notice Willie heading over to talk to them. Hopefully he doesn't mention my name. I walked a little closer, so I could hear what they're saying. I'm not trying to be a snoop, I just want to make sure they have the right decisions. I would do whatever it takes to get Luke away from Caleb. Even if it means losing myself. Speaking of the devil, Caleb shows up at the boy's table.

"I take it you boys are enjoying yourselves?" He asks.

"Yeah, I mean, you'd have to be insane to have a bad time here." Luke says. Oh Luke, if only you knew.

"Well, entertainment is our specialty. So now, I understand there's something I can help you with."

"Yeah, we hope so. There's an old buddy of ours who ripped us off big time, and we wanna make things right." Reggie says.

"Yeah. We wanna look him in the eyes and make him admit what he did to us. So if you could make us visible, that would be perfect." Luke says. Yes, that could work. But the thing with Caleb is every deal that he makes comes with a price.

"Well, sure, I could do that, but we're at a party." Oh great, he's giving them this talk. "Why focus on those who have wronged us when we're among friends? Now, I understand that the three of you are talented musicians. I doubt... your dream is to settle a score. No, your dreams are bigger than that! You're like me, even like someone you know, born to perform your music in front of sold-out crowds." Oh no. He's talking about me. "What if I were to tell you that with a wave of my hand, you could share the spotlight with me... and join my house band?" I look at Luke, and he looks back. I quickly teleported away as soon as he noticed. I stayed in my room the rest of the night until everything was done. As soon as the show ends, Willie teleports in.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey, I thought you couldn't be in here?" I ask.

"I think Caleb enjoyed tonight, so I'm sure he wouldn't notice." He's not wrong. This is probably one of the best nights he's had in a while.

"Well, if he does, then it's on me."

"Why do you keep taking the blame? You know things are going to get worse, right?"

"I know, but you've already had to deal with enough. It's the least I could do." I sigh.

"But none of this is your fault."

"Willie, I can deal with the punishments. You don't deserve any of this. And if anything, I'm the one who gets us to do these things."

"I just don't want anything to happen to you. I mean if it weren't for Caleb bringing you here in the first place, I'd do anything to avoid you from coming here."

"I know you would. But I promise I'll be okay. You know what's the best thing I got from this?" I ask.

"Singing in front of a crowd?"

"Meeting you. You're an amazing person, Willie. And I'm glad I have you with my side during this."

"Thanks Emma. Same with you. Things would be completely different if you weren't here." We give each other a hug before Willie gets ready to walk out.

"There she is! My number one star! I was wondering where you were at!" Caleb says as he teleports in.

"Hey Caleb.... How were the new members?" Willie asks nervously.

"I think they actually enjoyed it here. Hopefully they'll consider coming back." Oh gosh I hope not. "Speaking of that, Willie, can you step out for a few minutes?" Oh no. Here we go again. Willie nods his head and teleports out quickly. Caleb looks back at me with an evil smirk.

This is not going to end well.