Chapter 22

Before I head back to the club, I make one last stop. I know, it's going to be risky. But I have no choice. I need to have a better relationship with someone. I teleport to the one place that had the most memories. My parents' house. As soon as I get there, I see Julie ringing the doorbell. Wait, why is she here? And where's Luke? I thought he'd be here since he's hurt. I get ready to leave until I hear Julie talking to someone. I look and see Luke. What are they planning to do? I hide behind a bush in case they saw me.

Someone finally answers the door. My father. Julie talks to him about finding things of Luke's. They enter the house as I move closer to the door. I try to enter the house quietly after a few seconds. As I do, I hear my mom say her name.

"Then I think this song was written for you." Julie says. Oh my gosh. He's singing it. The song he wrote for our mother. I walk behind Luke and start tearing up.

First things first

We start the scene in reverse

All of the lives rehearsed

Disappeared from my mind

My memory goes back to the day they had a huge argument. I was sitting on the couch and got confused when they came out shouting. I tried to interfere but got yelled at instead. Before anything else could happen, Luke left the house right away. As my mother ran out in tears, I stared out the window with tears going down fast. The worst part was that was my birthday.

When things got loud one of us running out

I should have turned around

But I had too much pride

No time for goodbyes

Didn't get to apologize

Pieces of the clock

The lives broken

A few days later, I found him in the studio. I wanted to walk in, but I had to get back home.

If I could take us back

If I could just do that

And write in every empty space

The words I love you in replace

Then maybe time would not erase me

If you could only know

I'll never let you go

And the words I most regret

Are the ones I never meant to leave

Unsaid Emily

Silent days

Mysteries and mistakes

Who'd be the first to break

Guess we're alike that way

He said she said

Conversations in my head

And that's just where they're gonna stay forever

I then noticed him hiding behind a bush. Before I could walk outside, he left. I sigh and go back to writing songs and regretting everything that has happened.

If I could take us back

If I could just do that

And write in every empty space

The words I love you in replace

Then maybe time would not erase me

If you could only know

I'll never let you go

And the words I most regret

Are the ones I never meant to leave

Unsaid Emily

As the boys practiced harmonizing, I tried to tell Luke to come back. Unfortunately I never convinced him. And the last time my parents got to see him was at his funeral. But even I didn't get to be there. The final memory was me telling them the news. And then I disappeared and broke their hearts. It felt as if we both walked out to the living room as they cried.

If I could take us back

If I could just do that

And write in every empty space

The words I love you in replace

Then maybe time would not erase me

If you could only know

I'll never let you go

And the words I most regret

Are the ones I never meant to leave

Unsaid Emily

The song ends as Luke and I stand there in tears. In fact, everyone was at that point. Our parents thanked Julie for the song. And before any other words came out, Luke and I teleport outside.

"Emma! Y-You came!" Luke says.

"Of course I did. I know how much that song meant to you. And even I regret leaving them like that." I say.

"But I hurt you." He looks down to the floor.

"Did you mean it?" I ask.

"No! I would never ever say something like that to you and actually mean it! I-I don't know what was going through my head at the time. I think it was just hard to hear my sister dealing with the devil now." He admits.

"I get it, Luke. And I don't blame you. I was hurt too when I figured out you got stamped. But I promise you I will fight back. Even if it means making a deal with Caleb."

"You're not making any deals with him. You can't go back, Emma." He says.

"I have no choice. He's gone too far-"

"And he will keep going too far until you disappear! And I don't want that happening!" I stare at Luke with tears falling down. "L-Look, I understand it wasn't your fault. But I don't want my sister risking her life for mine. I promise I will find out my unfinished business as long as you promise to stay away."

"Alright, I'll try my best." I sigh. "But if he catches me, I will go back."

"If it means I don't have to lose you, then fine. If that happens, though, we will get you back."

"How can you promise that, Luke? He's the most powerful ghost in the world. He can do anything he wants to do just to stop you." I say as my voice cracks.

"We think he's powerful. But I'm sure something will weaken him. We just need to find it." He says.

"Okay, well, I should get going. I don't want to risk getting caught. Hopefully, we can figure something out. And if you find anything, let me know, okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, definitely. I'll see you later?" He says.

"See you later." I say before walking away.

"Wait, Emma!" I turn around and look back to Luke. "Thanks for singing with me to mom and dad."

"Yeah, no problem. Thanks for writing that song. It meant a lot to sing that to them. Especially now that we can't see them ever again." Before I said another word, I stopped. I am getting way too dark and sad. I shake my head then teleport away.

The unfortunate thing about that is I lied to Luke.

I have no choice.

I have to go back to the club.

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Not because it was sad with Unsaid Emily, but because of the little bonding time they had. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, ideas, etc. let me know! I hope you all are having a great summer!