Chapter 13

"So.... I see we had a few guests during this performance." I say breaking the silence.

"Yes, we did. And it just so happens that you knew these guests before. Am I correct?" He asks.

"Yeah..... Yeah I did." I sigh.

"And how did you know them?" He asks, like he didn't know already.

"They were my old bandmates."

"And?"

"My brother."

"Ah yes, Luke Patterson. The leader of the band, Sunset Curve. At least, the recent one."

"I was never the leader. I just helped out." I say as I roll my eyes.

"But you created most of the music, right?"

"Why does it matter if I know them or not? We're not even together anymore." I start putting away my stuff as he continues to babble on.

"Because I am wondering why you left right after the song ended?" I stop for a second and look down. Crap, of course that's why he's here.

"I.... i just haven't seen them in a while. So it was hard to reunite with them." I whisper.

"Or was it because you didn't want them to see you?"

"Well, they don't really know that I'm gone. And-"

"You feel forgotten and left out from before, don't you?"

"How do you know all of this? I never even told you about the past." I scoff.

"Well how do you think you got into this club? I had to figure out who you were in order to invite you here." Oh, so now I get a reason for it?

"If you knew my past, then why bring them back here? Especially if we didn't leave in the greatest of terms."

"I believe that this is the best time to reunite with them. They can finally see what talents you have. And best of all, see who the real leader is." He walks over to me and places his hands on my shoulders. I feel a shiver go down my spine as soon as he does that. "Because no matter who comes into this club, you will still be my star."

"Hang on a second." I say as I back up. "Alex and Reggie knew I was basically the leader. The only problem we had was Luke bossing everyone around. Luke was the only one I had actual problems with. So I see no reason to bring the other two in this!" I start raising my voice as I say this.

"I'm sorry, but last I recalled this is my club. Not yours." He says with a frown on his face.

"I don't care who's club it is, it's not right! They shouldn't have to give up their ghost lives to be a part of this club! You can make them ghosts, but you can't make their decisions for them!" I yell. All of a sudden, he started laughing so evilly, it made me back up more.

"You don't seem to get it, do you? I control every ghost there is to exist around here. So I do get to decide for them. Oh, and if I were you, I would stop right there." He snapped his fingers and I felt a huge shock and fell back. He walks closer to me and grabs my chin. "I can easily make you disappear and never experience anything again. And I very much think that you don't want that to happen."

"I'm sorry. You're right, this is your club and you can decide what's best for everyone."

"Good. I'm glad you finally see it that way." He says with a huge smile on his face. "I did not bring you here to make the ghost experience terrible. I didn't get this position to be known as a terrible person. I only did what's best for you. I'll give you some time to think about that. They'll hopefully be back soon. If so, you are going to be on stage performing for them. I promise you, they will be excited to see you again. Start practicing a song, and I'll check on you later."

"Yes sir. Oh, and can I make one request?"

"Sure."

"I don't care if you want to convince them to stay. But please don't stamp them. Just let them decide to leave or stay."

"I promise I won't. The final decision is going to go to them."

"Thank you." He then teleports out. I go over to my desk and start looking for a song to sing. Willie teleports back into the room with a nervous look on his face.

"That didn't go well, did it?" Willie asks.

"Nope. The next time something like this happens, I'll probably be gone forever." I sigh.

"I doubt it. You are a really good person. You just stand up for yourself. And I think Caleb has never really seen that before."

"Yeah, so who knows how it's going to end."

"It'll be okay. You'll have me right beside you, no matter what."

"Thanks Willie."

"So.... about the new members...." He says awkwardly.

"I know, he brought them here to have us reunite."

"Yeah.... Yeah that's it." He sighs.

"You're not hiding anything, are you?"

"No! I just feel bad because I know you didn't want them to go through this." I could tell by his tone, he is likely lying about something. But I can't get the answer out, otherwise he could get in trouble.

"Yeah. That's why Caleb got mad. He talked about how he controls everyone. And he can easily finalize their decision for them."

"Well, you were lucky enough to say yes. Usually, it takes a while for the final decision to be made."

"Doesn't he stamp them usually?" I ask.

"It depends on how much he wants them here."

"So if he promised that he wouldn't stamp them, then he must not want them that much?"

"Right. I know he's mentioned before that you were his first priority. After you accepted the invite, everyone else was just a maybe for him."

"And yet he decided to keep the stamp on me. How nice." I say sarcastically.

"I still don't understand why he did that. I mean, you've already accepted."

"It's probably because he doesn't trust me."

"How can he not trust you? You're the most trustworthy person I know!"

"Thanks. But I know that to him, I'm not." I cross my arms and sit down.

"I'd give it a few more days. You are still new, so he just might be a little cautious. But I don't think he should've stamped you to begin with. You don't deserve to go through that pain."

"Oh well. I'd rather it be me than anyone else."

"I'm sorry about all of this. But we will get through this together. I promise."

"Thanks Willie."

"No problem. See you tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yep, see you tomorrow." He then teleports out of the room. Well, I guess I should get ready for that next performance. I still don't understand why Caleb wants us to reunite. What does our relationship have to do with his club?