Chapter 8:

Today was a day that shouldn't have been a day. Diablo and Skyler are planning something and there is nothing you can do or say that would convince me otherwise. They are always whispering to each other and when they get home they are grinning at each other and dinner they are whispering to each other about something that nobody can understand because they are whispering.

I feel the group pulling apart, everybody is divided now and so far it's okay for the group because humans are social creatures, at the same time but when things are going to start getting hard there all going to just disappear and not fix it. Today was a normal day at the, house, and things in the group have been going downhill. One night I was screaming in my sleep which woke the whole household up. Raylee went into a Panic and Hide in the corner and covered her ears and most of the people ignored the screaming but for some reason, Diablo came into my room and shook me awake.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I... I don't know." I said.

"Where you dreaming," He asked sleepily

"I don't know I can't remember," I said

"You sure?" he asked, hugging me. And for that reason, all the memories came rushing back. But I know that I can't have him. Not because he's too good for me but just because getting attached to someone is a bad idea.

"I'm sure." I said.

"If you ever need to talk I'm here." he said.

"Okay will do," I said, lying of course, which made me feel bad. As soon as the door closed I heard faint whispers. I got up, grabbed my purple journal from my nightstand drawer, and went into the bathroom, and started writing.

9-13-2019

The dream was we were sitting at the table just me and Diablo back before everyone came. Voiceless words were being mouthed. From sleeping, I could tell that I was smiling. But just when it felt like everything was good I somehow teleported outside and it was a rainy day, and then a fight broke out against Diablo and I. I don't know if this had happened because I don't remember there being any rain from after the bomb had hit. But it also didn't seem like the future because rain seemed like a pretty far off thing to happen. But I don't know. The dream seemed pretty real. The rain was falling on me from his face when he pinned me on the mucky ground. The warmth from my blood running down my face. And most of all I felt cold.

When I woke up I was sweating but it felt like the water was dripping from his face, I was screaming in pain because believe it or not my body ached all over. Like I had been punched several times.

I have no idea what this dream means but it was scary to think that this could be anarchy.

On another note speaking of Diablo, he came running into my room when I needed it, just like it had been before everyone came to live here. That was back when chaos was still a new thing for everyone. Where I felt safe in his arms when we slept at night.

But everything has changed now, my home became a compound for bombing survivors.

After I finished writing in my journal I turned off the bathroom light and went back into the room. I took a look outside and the moon was high in the sky just barely past the halfway point. Raylee was back to sleeping curled up on her side and I got back in bed and was just in my thoughts about everything that happened and what I have been noticing in the group and just overall everything that has ever gone wrong in my life to me and just in general.

Dear diary,

Early this morning Briar woke up screaming... I don't know lately she has seemed off like the past few months I think she is going through a personality change or something. She was more outgoing and fun and now she is just a keep to herself and reclusive towards everyone, she has kinda blocked herself off towards everyone including Hayden which is saying something because Hayden was her best friend.