Chapter 2-Sad Truth

As i put my hand out to make sure it was safe, but i felt a cold watery feeling, this was definitely not the fire nation. I closed my mouth holding in my breath as i dived into the freezing water.

The water touched my skin and it was already hard to breath already. But i grabbed the courage i needed and broke through the iced over top. I tried pulling myself up with my strength but i was too cold. As i was about to let go and accept death i felt a gloved hand wrap around my hands and pull me up.

I tried looking up at the face, trying to mske out if it was a girl or a boy but my vision was blury and soon i passed out.

After a couple of hours i started waking up being able to hear. "Do you think she'll be okay Sokka?" She sounding worried "Yeah, yeah whatever she could be a firenation spy faking being passed out." Sokka yelled whispered at his sister.

I tried telling them that i would never do that but everything came out as more of a croak than anything. I opened my eyes i believe, but everything was dark not a bit of lighy was showing through.

The girl walked over to me slwoly and removed a crusty lather that was placed on my eyes. "Hey, My namrs Katara ive been helping you, your voices sounds a bit croaky but you should be able to talk soon!" Katara said with hope. 'Hope' a word i rarely used anymore, what was there to hope for? Hoping my parents would come for me? Nope, its been 3 years they never came. Hope never got me any where.

I took a deep breath and shook my head to signal i knew what she eas saying.

After a couple of days i started to talk normally and they started to get to know me. It was the first time i smiled a true smile in awhile. Just wish Cherry could see all of this...

Sokka looked at me while cooking us 3 small fish, he was post to be our huntdr but hes terrible at it! "So, want to tell us now why we found you in the frozen ocean?!" He looked at me suspicious.

I sighed knowing i would have to explain this to more than just them. "Well its a long story but if you want to hear it then I'm more than willing to." I said. The siblings looked at eachother and agreed they would be willing to hear the whole story.

After a couple hours i finished the story, telling them about my old life here and then telling them about the Anti-avatar world. I then also told them about Cherry.

During this time i also started shipping Cherry and sokka.... hmm... Sokcher?

I might of left out the part of Avatar Kyoshi being my mother and Rengi being my mother. Maybe i should have said it sooner.

"Wow... that's a very interesting tale to say the least, Well maybe we csn bring you back to your mother its only been a couple years like you said!" Katara said happily. I looked at her with big eyes. "Mom" i sighed whispered.

"Yes, lets just give her a well needed boat for some stranger who WE DON'T EVEN KNOW STILL!!" Sokka basically still doesn't trust me. Katara quickly shushed Sokka and asked me the dieing question of a lifetime.
"Whos your parents?"

I sighed, "You won't believe me but Avatar Kyoshi and Rengi, i am THE Sam." I smiled a bit "I've been in that portal for 4 years i believe and im ready to go back to my family." I sat more professionally showing that i wasn't lying about this.

Sokka looked at me shocked and Katara looked at me with sad eyes "Sam... Its been 650 years since you've been in that portal, your mom died hundreds of years ago..." Katara turning her voice into a sad one, one you normally don't hear.

I looked at her shocked "N-no that's not possible!!!" I told her trying not to yell, i didn't want to disturb anyone. But i couldn't believe it 650 years ive been in that world... left there to rot... left by the one and only avatar. The one person that i thought would save me. I bowed to the siblings and quickly left to my make shift igloo hut.

I got inside the igloo and just screemed, i untied the bracelet and threw it too the wall and fell to the ground feeling limp. I whispered to myself feeling so disappointed "I just want my family... I just want to be home again... see the one thing that was keeping me happy... and its gone."

After a little bit i crawled over to the bracelet and made sure it was okay, It was completely fine which i let our a happy sigh. I went up to my bed and laid down, and just allowed myself to drift off to a nice sleep.

Z͟u͟k͟o͟

As zuko stood there he grew frustrated each and everyday he didn't find the avatar, after 2 years of being disregarded being a traitor to the fire nation. He eanted to go home and be with his family, he wants his rightful place on the fire nation throne. Though he coukd live without his sister.

As he was deep in thoughts his royal chef came up with news.

"Our food storage is running low, fish here is scarce and the ocean is to cold for much fish. Bread is almost nonexistent." The former prince looked at the out of breath chef. "This is not what we need, we need time how many days do you think we have?" The prince asked hopeful it would be atleast a week. The chef looked up with a saddened look "A day." The prince looked at him with angry eyes "Well then im glad we live near 'the Southern Water Tribe.'

His uncle, iroh looked at prince zuko. "Zuko, i know we need food but we shouldn't be taking food from the tribe, we've taken enough fron them."

Zuko looked at him with anger, "Me and you need to eat, they can sacrifice food to us." Iroh looled at him disappointed but let it be and went to make some tea.

As zuko reached the land closer he could see familys huddling outside and a tiny, weak warrior. There was also a water tribe girl behind him.

But when he reached the shore, a girl with brown hair and a half earth bending outfit and fire nation outfit appeard. She looked something like Avatar Kyoshi but looked much more like rengi. But he couldn't connect the dots.

"We aren't here to kill, well for now, we want your food anf anything else that we can eat." Zuko said with a stern echoy voice.

Sam

I looked at the boy who spoke, he looked to be of fire nation royalty, but his crown was not there. Banished? Fan girl? Cosplayer?

Once he mentioned he needed food i got mad, we barley have food ourselves. "I think not sir" eveyone looked at me. I didn't flinch and wasn't scared.

The boy looked at me angry "You have no right to talk to me like that peasent." i looked at him shocked but grew mader

"Exuse me?!?!" i yelled at him, purting him in a state of shock, clearly he hasn't expirenced back talk. "Listen to me right now, shut up give us the food and we go peacefully."

I walked up to the boy and bent fire, earth, and water tossing him and the rest of his benders back onto the ship. "Don't you dare threaten this islsnd ever again, do you hear me?!"

The boy looked at her confused, how... did... she... do... that...

Sam smirked at him and bent water to move the ship farther and farther away. "Never come back, princey" i walked back to the villagers who cheered and were relieved.

As sokka bowed to me the rest of the village did the same, i was confused why? "Why are you guys bowing to me?" Sokka looked at me and smiled "Your are Sam, The daughter of tge great avatar there is." He turned quiet and bowed back down waiting for me to accept.

I did a spin and water wrapped around me. Although i didn't want to be this grest thing to them, i gave them something i waited for, for 3 years.....

Hope