Chapter 13-Brother

Lately Sam has been seeing toph in her dreams or a ghostly image of her popping around. If you looked closely enough you could tell it wasn't a ghost, so toph wasn't dead. But it was in Sam's head, she was feeling guilty, falling in love with another women, most importantly falling in live with the enemy. She decided it would be better to now tell Azula about these images or about toph. Questions would be asked about this girl and where she lived. She wouldn't want to put her ex-lover in danger.

They found more information about where Azulas brother 'Zuko' and her uncle iroh should be.  Sam had mixed feelings about trying to capture the royale family. Her mother's taught her to treat them with respect even if they were in the wrong. But never did she imagine having to deal with this type of thing. Kyo spent more time with Sam as Azula was off with the general of the ship. "Mummy when is mommy coming back?" Kyo said with a sad look in her eyes. Sam looked down and ruffled the young girls hair, "Azula will be back she has some things to discuss with the general." Kyo slouched down but nodded her head understanding. Sam smiled at her and sat down beside her and played dolls for a bit.

The door opened to Kyo's bedroom showing a tired Azula smiling at the mother daughter duo. Kyo looked up confused on who was coming into her room, when she looked up her neutral face turned to a exited face. "MOMMY!" Kyo runs up to Azula jumping up onto Azula. "Wanna pway with us?" Kyo said still overly excited. Azula sighed,  "Do I have to" she said rolling her bright orange eyes. Kyo looked at her loosening her grip on Azula and walking towards Sam. "No you don't have to mommy..." Kyo sat down resting her head on Sam's lap. "Kyo I was joking of course I would play dolls with you!" Azula said chuckling. Kyo clapped her hands and grabbed a princess doll. Azula grabbed it and smiled, "Who is this?" Kyo chuckled, "I tried to make it look like you!" Kyo said smiling. Azula chuckled and hugged Kyo. "Love you sweetie." Kyo smiled and headed for her doll.

After a bit Kyo fell asleep on Azulas lap. Sam cooed at Kyo and Azula making Azula embarrassed. "Azula do you want to put Kyo to bed?" Sam asked putting her head on Azulas shoulder. Azula rolled her eyes "ugh fine, but I'm Princess Azula, Heir to the fire nation throne. I should not be putting mer children to bed." Sam chuckled rolling her eyes. Sam bowed "I'm sorry My dear Princess" Sam said sarcastically. Azula chuckled and out Kyo to bed. "I love you Sweet Heart." Azula whipped hair out of Kyo's face. Azula walked out into Her and Sam's shared room. Azula walked into the room seeing Sam already fast asleep, Azula smiled and sighed happily. Azula found a maid and had her dress her into a night gown. "You may leave now." Azula said with a soft tone. Azula very rarely showed her soft side to anyone. When she did it was normally towards Sam or Kyo.

Azula climbed into bed wrapping her arms around the sleeping Sam. Azula smiled and kissed sam's cheek. "I love you Amor" Azula said before falling asleep.  It wasn't before long that Azula felt a struggle against her waist. Someone was trying to get off of her. Azula looked up to see a stressed and sweating Sam. "Sam are you okay?!" Azula asked worriedly at Sam. Sam ignored Azula and opened the bedroom door running quickly to the deck. Sam's breath was fast paced and her body shaking. She tried caring her self down by taking deep breaths and thinking of her childhood moments or her funny moment with azula or kyo. But it wouldn't work. When she was asleep she had another dream with Toph. This time instead of it being a good moment it was Toph feeling her with Azula. In the dream she could see toph turning red with anger, toph felt betrayed and used. Sam's guilt over flooded her when she woke up. She felt bad ignoring Azula but feared she would lose herself if she said anything.

For a couple of moments the sounds of the waves calmed her allowing her breath to slowly calm down, but her body wouldn't stop shaking. She heard footsteps behind her. Sam was scared to turn around fearing it would be another image of Toph to make her feel more guilty. But instead felt arms wrapping around her waist in a comforting way. It was quiet for a while just the feeling of comfort and the sound of waves made Sam calm down enough to slowly grow tired again. She knew Azula was behind her comforting her but still decided to not say anything, she didn't feel like explaining her self to Azula, even if she trusted Azula with her whole life.