Chapter 8

August POV

I've been studying Jada for a minute now. Some days I just watched her, had my ass feeling like a damn creep. I only watched her cause she was fine. Like being that her mama just died, she was fine.

I know we all grieve in different ways but Jada and her mama got close as fuck since they reunited. I was low key expecting her to be crying all damn day, throwing shit, picking fights but she was cool. Don't even get me started on the sex.

This girl wanted to fuck every five minutes. I ain't gon turn down no sex from my lady ever ya heard me but damn. We was going at it like wild ass animals almost every night. I walked downstairs where everybody else was, sitting next to Anthony.

He just got back from school and had a little progress chart slip.

"Here daddy, look." I tore the envelope open making sure not to rip his slip.

"That's wassup! My nigga got all outstanding." I smiled giving him a high five. I seen Jada walk over in the corner of my eye. I patted my lap opening my legs a lil more for her to sit sideways.

"Look mama, I did good!" Jada smiled reading the papers.

"Oh! I'm so proud of you stink!" She hugged him kissing his forehead.

"Can we get ice cream?" I looked at Jada who nodded her head. I tapped her butt motioning her to get up.

"I'a be back." I left the two of them downstairs going up to one of the guest rooms that was now Kayla room. I knocked on the door twice waiting for her to answer.

"Come in." I sighed hearing the hurt in her voice. I twisted the knob.

"Wazzam witchu?" I sat at the corner of the bed she just shrugged.

"Nothing." I knew she was lying. It was normal for her to feel hurt, I guess seeing how Jada don't express it, she probably feel like she shouldn't or couldn't.

"C'mon, I know you better than that." She exhaled playing with her fingers, same shit Jada did.

"I miss my mom." She silently cried.

"I know mama." I pulled her into a hug, Kayla been cooped up in this room since her mama funeral. Myself or Jada always made sure to come check on her.

"You know I lost my brother some time ago. He was my best friend. Just like you and Jada are close, that was me and Mel." She wiped her face pulling her head up. I never really talked to anybody about Mel, every time I did, I felt like that same scared lil boy when I first heard about them niggas killing him.

"How do you stop feeling like this?" I hurt for her, she was so young, she had been through this shit twice, but this time it was for real.

"You don't. You gone feel that hurt, that pain forever. No matter how long ago it was. I miss my big brother everyday, but life does go on. You just learn to accept that they are gone. It don't mean you love em any less. You learn to be okay with it no matter how much you hate it. You remember all the things y'all did together, you never forget them, you just learn to continue on." I wiped her eyes and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks Bestie." I laughed pulling her into a hug.

"Not a problem, now get ready, we gonna go get some ice cream."

I got up from the playfully rubbing my hand on the top of her head messing her straight hair up. She swatted my hand away.

"Hey!" We laughed I walked out the room going back downstairs seeing Jada and Anthony with they shoes on.