Chapter 20

Jada POV
*2 months later*

August was leaving to go on tour today. These past few months have been a damn roller coaster. August made promises back to back and never fulfilled them. I understand that music is his career, it's how he provides but I hate that he kept blowing me off after making promises.

We had gotten into a huge argument the last week, I didn't want him to leave and I was mad at him but sometimes August doesn't think before he says or does certain shit and it pisses me off every time. He took it somewhere I never imagined. I hadn't talked to him, slept next to him since.

{flashback}

"August this is the 5th time. At this point if you don't want to or can't spend time with me before you go, just say that." I sighed making up the bed with new sheets.

I heard him groan. I looked up with my arms folded across my chest.

"Nobody said I ain't want to spend time with you. You putting shit in yo own head."

"I'm just saying stop making promises you can't keep. Every time you promise me something you never follow through. Something always comes up." I rolled my eyes.

"Jada I have to fucking work! It's not my fault that I have to work and provide for this family. I need to work, so if that means not being able to do a few things for right now, then so be it. Damn back the fuck off." His voice deepened.

"What do you mean so be it. I understand that doing music is how you provide but damn at least cut some time in for me. You're about to be gone for 4 months. I would like to spend time with you. You just don't seem to care."

"You like living how you live? You like that house that you standing in? You like the position you in right now? Don't have to want for nothing, don't gotta ask for nothing, shit you don't even have to work."

"August I don't care about this materialistic shit. I care about us, I want us to spend time together, I don't care about the famous ass life you live." I cut him off rolling my eyes.

"We do spend time together. My career is important to me, you know that shit. I can't understand why you ain't seeing that shit. You say you understand but you really don't. You continue to bitch about this shit. It's one date night. We have thousands of other times we can plan a date night. Chill the fuck out. You really blowing me right now dawg."

"I'm bitching cause I want to spend time with my man? I'm blowing you cause I'm telling how I feel? August when is the last time we spent time together? Just us. No kids. When? Exactly you don't know. The last time we were even intimate with each other was 2 months ago. I want to feel loved August. I want to feel seen, heard. I don't feel that. I feel abandoned. Pushed to the side. You continue to put this music shit first. I get you have a tour coming up but seriously you act like it's so hard to make some time for me. You act like I'm asking you to do the impossible."

"Jada I'm done with this pointless ass conversation. You can go be dramatic and bitch and moan about that shit somewhere else." That's the second time he let that fly out his mouth. Without thinking I slapped him. I mean hard as fuck. "The fuck is your problem? How many fucking times I keep telling you. Keep yo fucking hands off me!" His accent came out strong. I knew he was pissed but I didn't care. I was pissed too.

"Fuck you, and your feelings. That's how you feel about me right?" I pushed him aggressively. "Right? You keep saying I'm bitching like my feelings aren't valid. I'm sitting here telling you how I feel and you say it bitchin." I continued to push him as I yelled.