Chapter 23

Jada POV

"Baby, you ready yet?" August got some nerve always complaining about me taking forever to get ready. This nigga been getting dressed since 2. Y'all it's 4:00. We supposed to be going to Kayla's basketball game, which starts at 5.

"Woman I told you I was coming. I need to make sure a nigga look good." He stroked his chin smirking.

"Who you need to look good for, yeen cute." I playfully scrunched my face.

"My side hoes. You know these bitches love Aug." I raised my eyebrow laughing. He was so full of himself.

"Get stabbed if you want to." I walked over to Anthony putting his shoes on.

"I'm playing baby, you know I only got eyes for you mama." He slapped my ass, gripping it at the same time. I shook my head standing up all the way.

"C'mon mommy. I'm ready!" Any ran towards the door after August. I locked up the house getting in the car after them. August turned the radio on letting the music take over the car.

I looked down at my hand and smile seeing the ring sit on my finger. Last night was amazing. I was still in shock. August really proposed to me. Thinking about everything that happened last night, I couldn't keep a smile off my face. I pulled my phone out and snapped a picture of it posting it on Instagram.

I was so in love with this ring, it was beautiful

I was so in love with this ring, it was beautiful. August grabbed my hand holding it in his. I looked up and smiled at him. I was happy. Genuinely happy. It felt like everything was falling into place.

We pulled up to the school making our way to the gym. The girls were doing warm ups. We sat on the bleachers, Anthony seen Kayla and yelled after her.

"Kayla!" He jumped on the bleachers waving. He hadn't seen Kayla cause she left the house early for school. Anthony didn't go because we had taken him to the doctors. He swore up and down he wasn't feeling well, his ass feeling perfectly fine right now. Bad ass. I shook my head laughing.

"Baby, sit now." I pulled him back in between August and I. Kayla turned around smiling waving at us. August cheesed brightly with his thumbs up. We were waiting for everyone to come in. Kayla ran over to us, smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm so happy y'all here."

"Wouldn't miss it mama." She smiled. The coaches called their teams in. "You got this baby!" I smiled giving her a high five. She gave Ant a fist bump, and her and August did their special handshake. I smiled watching the two of them.
I adored their relationship.

"You got this K. Let's get this W! Go break some ankles!" She nodded her head laughing. She ran over to her coach and joined the rest of her team.

****

"Let's go K!" I laughed looking up at August who cheered Kayla on to make the basket. She shot it from the three point line and made it. Our whole side start cheering. August did the most as you know.

It was now down to the last few seconds, Kayla had the ball again. I stood to my feet next August and everyone else on this side. We stood quietly waiting for her to make the shot. She got in position and threw the ball. Just as the last second hit the ball went in.

"Woo!" The crowd cheered. I was so happy, I love watching Kayla play. It's like she gets into her element. She takes this shit serious. I love that. She's such as good kid.

The game was now over, the girls went to go change. We waited outside for Kayla, which was probably not a good idea. August and I were talking and Justin came out. I could already feel the tension rising.

"Wassup beautiful." He touched my shoulder lightly. August quickly smacked his hand away. I was dying laughing on the inside. August is so overprotective when it comes to me. He don't play none of that shit.

"Aye, the fuck you doing witcha hands on her?" He mugged the hell out of Justin.

"I was saying wassup, obviously." He scrunched his face up. He was indeed bold as fuck.

"See you don't know me. Don't put'cha hands on my lady again. It'll definitely a problem and you don't want that I'm telling you." August stepped to Justin. I knew this would end badly so I stepped in the middle trying to push August back.

"Aug, c'mon." Even though seeing how angry he was getting was turning me on, I knew I had to stop it soon.

"Man, witcho soft singing ass gon do pussy?" Justin challenged him. August began laughing. I knew exactly what was about to happen. I turned to move August back when I was grabbed by my waist. "Like I said, whatchu gon do?" My face immediately scrunched up.

"The fuck?" I pushed him off of me, slapping him hard as hell in his face. I don't understand what he was doing all this for. When we first met, he seemed so chill, like he was a good person.

"I told em to keep his hands off you right?" I mugged Justin. Justin opened his mouth to say something but was quickly cut off by August punching the shit out of him. My eyes widened seeing how much force August put into that punch. Justin stumbled back falling onto the ground. People started to crowd us, I quickly remembered this was a school and there would soon be hella kids around.

"Look at'chu now pussy. You thought you was gangsta or some shit fucking wit me. I'm like that for real fuck boy, betta ask about me." August punched him again, and again, and again, and again. I seen a lady run over to where we were.

"August, okay baby cmon." I tugged at his shirt. "Baby stop!" August punched him one last time and stood up straight.
I grabbed Anthony and walked back towards the front.

"You good?" I looked up at him nodding.

"I'm fine, you good? He was almost unconscious." I looked down at his now bruised knuckles. I'm surprised Justin ain't go unconscious the second time August punched him.

"Ain't nothing. Nigga really tried disrespecting me like I wasn't gon lay his ass out." I chuckled. We seen Kayla running out towards us. I smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Aye, I'm proud of you! You did ya thing!" She smiled thanking me.

"You was in that bitch breaking ankles back to back." She laughed.

"As she should." August pulled her into a hug.

"When you'ca teach me Kaylaaaa!" He dragged her name out, being dramatic as always.

I strapped him in his seat, watching Kayla do the same for herself.

"I will tomorrow okay?" Anthony nodded smiling. He adores Kayla so much.

"Where you wanna eat champ?" August asked Kayla while the both of us got in the car.

"Red Lobster!" I shook my head. This girl love her some Red Lobster.

"Red Lobster it is." And just like that, the issue with August and Justin was nonexistent.