Chapter 19

Jada POV
*1 week later*

Today we were waiting on the DNA test results to come back. I sat on the couch next to August. He was nervous for some reason, well I mean I guess he had a reason but whatever.

I know y'all probably thinking I did some sneaky shit with this test but I truly didn't. The favor I called in wasn't bad, it wasn't going to change anything.

{flashback}

"Hello.."

"Hey. It's me. Jada."

"Wassup ma?" I sighed.

"I'm calling in that favor."

"Ight. Wassup? Whatchu need me to do?"

"So August ex girlfriend showed up with a baby. You know Crystal..She ain't the trustworthy type. He asked for a DNA test and at first she tried to flip it. I know that's not his baby. It's clear as day. I just need you to make sure, August gets the correct test results. I know she will try in some way to get them switched in her favor but I need you to do me this solid."

"I gotchu, and you sure she really lying?" I nodded as if she could see me.

"G, I know. I also know what that will do to August. Thinking it's his child, then finding out down the line it's not his child. That'll kill him." I knew August too well. August loves kids, he is a great dad and I know him thinking that a child is his, then finding out it's not. That'll break him. I don't want that.

In no way am I insecure with my position in his life. I just really do not want him going through that. Bitches like Crystal..they don't care. All she sees is a quick bag, dollar signs, she don't see August. She see the money he got. I'a be dammed if he go through some shit like this cause of her sneaky ass.

"Ight. I gotchu. Where they going?"

"Atlanta Medical."

"Bet, you know I gotchu." I smiled slightly.

"Thanks G."

"Ain't nothing." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

{flashback over}

The doorbell went off indicating the mail was here. I got up meeting the mail lady at the door.

"Thank you." She smiled back at me nodding her head.

After closing the door back, I handed the folder to August. I sat next to him as he read the paper.

"0% probability." He let out a breath. I leaned back in my seat. I already knew the kid wasn't his. That's also why I made sure the documents get sent to August and not for Crystal to bring. "Welp one less thing I gotta stress about." He shrugged. He threw the papers in the trash can.

I watched him walk away, I shook my head. I went upstairs behind him. I seen him laying up against the headboard.

"You good?" I chuckled at his reaction.

"I'm great! I feel bad for the baby tho, but I wouldn't be able to deal with having a baby by her. That's one looney ass female." I laughed shaking my head. I walked into the bathroom undressing myself.

I didn't take long just 15 maybe 20 minutes. I pulled towel around me and brushed my teeth.

"You take forever!" I heard August complain. I laughed.

"August, I know you ain't talking, you take longer than me." I shook my head.

"Yeah yeah nigga." I finished brushing my teeth. The kids were at school so it was just the two of us. I was going to stop by my store later on today. But since I was staying in the house for now, I put on a pair of shorts, and a sports bra.