Part 9

Jimin's POV

What's taking mom so long?

Did she forget to tell me that Jungkook had left?

I'm hungry.

And I wanted to go to the toilet.

Being an old house, the only bedroom with attached bathroom here was my parents' room.

He should have left, right?

Getting out of the room, I kept quiet for a few seconds to hear if there's any male's voice, and didn't hear any.

Only mom was humming happily in the kitchen, so I guessed she had really forgotten to tell me on Jungkook's leave.

Walking to the bathroom, I was shocked when the door was opened from the inside the same time I was pushing it open, making my body went forward only to fall on a strong chest.

And my waist was also circled with a strong arm, which I knew wasn't my dad's almost instantly.

It's Jungkook's.

"J-Jimin, are you okay?" he looked even more shocked than I was, making me able to control my own feelings at that moment.

"Yes, now let me go" I instructed, but the hold of his hand around my waist wasn't loosening and my heartbeat was getting rapid due to stupid reasons now.

I missed his hands on me.

"Are you sure? What about your tummy?" he had now moved his hands to cup my sides, touching my stomach a little with his thumbs and I bit my inner cheeks, cursing myself for being so weak under his touch.

"I'm very sure. Now please let me go and move aside, I need to use the bathroom," turning my face away from the alpha to prevent him from seeing my - of fucking course - blushing face, I was relieved when he finally let go.

"Oh, right. Yes, I'm sorry," he blurted out almost clumsily, and I couldn't believe the Jeon Jungkook could act like this.

"Yeah, no worries" quickly stepping into the bathroom and locking the door behind me, I glared into the mirror, scolding myself for looking so red just because Jungkook caught me from falling.

You are a weakling, Park Jimin.

Why didn't mom kicked him out yet?!

Did he managed to put my mom under enchanting spell or what?

Yes, I guess that's it.

Who wouldn't fall for an alpha who could wore a sad bunny face like that while apologizing?

Not mom, of course.

Sighing silently as I finished my business in the toilet, I almost fell down again when I opened the door only to see Jungkook still standing in front of it.

"What are you doing?" frowning to the boy, I was almost amused when I saw the Jeon heir seemed to be having difficulties to find the right word to answer my question.

"Uh, I waited for you. You know - if something happens, I can help immediately," he managed to tell, and I scoffed at that.

"I'm just pregnant. It's not like you suddenly don't know how to use the toilet once you're pregnant," I sassed at the boy without mercy, only to grit my teeth to prevent myself from melting at his saddened eyes after he heard my words.

"I didn't mean it like that, I heard that you have to be more careful on the early stages of - well - pregnancy," he mumbled so cutely with that little pout on his lips and I strengthened my heart to face this dangerous alpha.

"And why does this concerns you?"

"Because that's my baby -"

"This is my baby. I thought I told you that already?" cutting him off, Jungkook looked obviously taken aback at my words.

"I - yeah. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," he accepted, and I was surprised.

What?

He accepted it just like that?

So what's he still doing in my house then?

"So, why are you still here then?" asking him straight about what's on my mind, I gulped when I realized that he had folded his shirt up to his elbow.

Ugh, I was always weak with his forearm tattoos.

"I helped auntie changed the bulb of your bathroom," he pointed to the ceiling and showed me the old bulb in his hand, and I had no comeback on that.

So that's why the bathroom seemed brighter just now. I thought my vision suddenly improved or something.

But what did he call my mom again?

Auntie?

Oh no, mom was really charmed.

Now I know from whom I got the trait of falling for looks.

Mom's the culprit.

Keeping the thoughts to myself, I walked pass the alpha without saying anything anymore, and went straight to the kitchen, where my mom was.

"Mom!"

"Oh, Jiminie? What's wrong?"

"Don't pretend clueless mom, you know what's wrong!"

"Uh - oh. But Jungkook is the only one I could ask to change the bulb. It'd be dangerous at night when you can't really see the bathroom floor. What if you fell down because you slipped on some soap foam or something?" she reasoned, and I rolled my eyes at her poor excuse.

"We can call for handyman later, mom"

"But it's settled!"

"Mom," staring unamused at my mom, she quit her act as soon as she realized her excuse was not working on me anymore.

You can't fool me anymore, mom.

"Okay, I'm sorry honey. He's such an eye candy. I can see why you fell for him," she giggled, and I widened my eyes at her.

"Mom!"

"Auntie?"

"Yes, Jungkook?" hearing Jungkook's call for her, mom immediately gave her attention to her 'eye candy', ignoring her fuming pregnant child.

"Should I also change the bulb at the front gate? I realized that the bulb looked burnt," Jungkook asked, and I kept wondering about what's the real reason that had made this CEO stick around in this household even longer than now.

"Oh yes! If it's not too troubling for you?"

"No, don't! You don't have to. It's late, you should go back to your hotel or whatnot, and we'll settle the bulb case ourselves," intervening the conversation between the two, I snatched Jungkook's wrist and pulled him away from mom, only to be slapped at my back with the powerful hand of a mother.

"Jimin, that's rude. I didn't teach you to be so ill-mannered towards our guest," she crossed her hands in front of her chest, and I glared at Jungkook when he tried to rub my stinging back.

He's our what, now?!