Part 11

Jungkook's POV

"Is he asleep?" Mrs. Park was waiting in the living room while her husband was cleaning up the kitchen, and I nodded with a small 'yes' leaving my mouth.

"I'm sorry, I think I made him cry too much," closing towards the lady, I joined her at the couch when she invited me to sit beside her.

"It's a new sight for us too, seeing our baby losing his calm like that. I guess it might be because of the pregnancy, but maybe because it's you too," she offered me a cup of tea, and I accepted the warm drink gratefully from her hand.

"Is that a bad thing?" looking at the lady, she shook her head and smiled, her face softened before she gave her answer.

"No, not at all. I love seeing my baby expressing himself, he rarely did that even when he was little," she said, and by the look of her face, it didn't seem like she was just trying to make me feel better, so I smiled a little at my memory of Jimin.

"Jimin was a very collected person at work too. The first time we met, he didn't even freak out when he saw me breaking down on the floor. Even though he knew who I was, he just - offered me comfort," I sighed out, thinking about how great the omega in being calm despite what was thrown to his way.

After we established our 'business' relationship, I told him to keep it secret, and that's what he did without question.

Jimin didn't even give me a single glance even when we walked passed each other to avoid any talk surfacing, since he was aware that people would be looking at me all the time.

We never even greet each other, and even though I was grateful for it, it kind of made me question as of how he could act like nothing happened between us at all, when we both knew a lot had happened outside office hours.

That's how well he kept his feelings to himself.

I wouldn't even know Jimin’s feelings for me if I didn't insist on supporting the baby's expenses that day.

If I didn't overheard the news, I doubted I'd ever learned the fact that he had a growing child in him, which was mine as well.

That's how much he didn't want me to know.

Did I really treated him just as nonchalant that even a small act of kind at the dinner earlier could make him so angry?

"I heard Jimin calling you Jeon. The Jeon, you mean?" she asked, taking me out of my train of thoughts, innocently curious about my background, I guess.

But I didn't mind telling her, trusting Jimin’s family completely.

"Yes, but I'm nothing great. It's my parents' achievements, I was just luckily born as the son," I told, and she just nodded, smiling soft at my words.

"How're they?"

"They're fine, having fun leaving the company to me and my hyungs," smiling thinking of my mom and dad who were probably having all the fun in the world enjoying their vacation, I looked to Mrs. Park when she asked her next question.

"You have other siblings?"

"Uh, no. I have friends, who are like family to me. They are almost like my real brothers, helping me to understand the company and all, and my parents trusted me to them since I was little," thinking of Namjoon and Hoseok as soon as the word 'brother' left my mouth, I admitted that they were really family now.

"It's great that you have such good friends like that,"

"Yes, I'm lucky to meet Jimin too. If someone else was the one who found me that day two years ago, I don't think the company today would be this successful today. I doubted the investors would trust a company with a crybaby as the CEO,"

"Two years, huh?"

"Yes, but I was together with Jimin for about a year, before we broke up a month and a half ago,"

"Honey, can I talk to the boy now?" Mr. Park emerged from the kitchen, and I felt nervous all over again.

"Don't torture him, or you'll be sleeping outside tonight," Mrs. Park turned to her husband with a warning glare and I hid my smile when Mr. Park saluted to his wife.

"Yes, ma'am"

"I'm going to rest first, okay? My husband is harmless, you don't have to worry that much, Jungkook," she gave me a motherly pat on my thigh as she stood up, and I just smiled at her, while Mr. Park stared unamused at his wife.

"Honey," he called, making the small lady laugh, and she went to gift him a soft peck on the cheeks, effortlessly turning the pout on the man's face into smile.

"Alright, alright. I'll leave you two now. Don't talk too late into the night, you're a hassle to wake," she patted her husband's shoulder and brushed off the lint from his pajamas, and I just watched as the two converse with so much love for each other.

No wonder Jimin grew up to be such an amazing person.

"I promised you that I'll only take half an hour. Don't you believe me?"

"I believe you. Good night, Jungkook," she finally gave her attention to me, and I bowed a little as I replied her bid.

"Good night, auntie" we watched Mrs. Park until she's out of our sight before Mr. Park took the seat his wife just left empty and gave his focus on me.

"Alright, son. I've heard everything from Jimin’s mother, and I need you to tell me. Are you serious about our son?"

"Yes, sir. I want to - I am going to be prioritizing Jimin and the baby in my life starting now," I stated, not planning on going back with my words anymore, all determined to start looking at Jimin in the light I never looked at him before.

"You're young, but I figured you already knew how heavy your responsibilities are going to be, in taking care two of my beloved," he stared into my eyes seriously, and I nodded, very well aware that I'd have to face this man if I did anything wrong after given the opportunity.

"I'm aware of it, and I'll do my best for them,"

"Words are never enough, promises are always broken, son. Just like his mom, I'll approve of you when Jimin does," he informed, and I nodded in understanding.

"Yes, I understand,"

"Good, now do you have place to go back to?" he asked, and I looked at the clock on the wall, realizing it's quiet late into the night.

I just came here straight after work and didn't even bother to book any hotel, but there'll be one close by, right?

"I'll find the nearest hotel after this," telling the old man, he also took a look at the time before shaking his head.

"There won't be any around here. You can sleep with Jimin tonight," he suggested and stood up, looking all prepared to go to bed, and I stood up as well, not really believing what I just heard he suggested.

"B-But sir, Jimin might not like that," stuttering involuntarily, Mr. Park smiled knowingly as he turned to me.

"He might kick you off the bed next morning, but he'd appreciate warm cuddles from you. Plus, cuddles help him sleep better," he shrugged his shoulder, seeming really okay with his suggestion.

"Can I really?" asking one last time, the father's gaze suddenly turned protective as he said his next words.

"Just control yourself. I'm sure you know not to mess with my son while I'm here,"

"No, sir. Of course I won't," giving him my word, Mr. Park smiled again before he gve a comforting pat on my back.

"Good. Now go, you've been a great help in the house today. I've never seen my wife so glad to have an addition of one more person in the house before,"