Chapter 32

A/N: I'm so sorry I know how long its been since I've updated. I just lost motivation and didn't have much time. That is still the case as I will be incredibly busy for a while so updates are going to be disgustingly slow. Also this is basically a filler and its a lil short as well.

Draco had been ignoring Talia since the little spat between the two. That was a week ago.

It irritated Talia, not because she was being ignored, but because he didn't avoid her as well. He'd still sit next to her in class but he just wouldn't speak to her.

She'd prefer it if he went all out and kept at least 2 meters between the two, but no. Draco had to make sure it was her that was affected more than him, and simply ignoring her was going to do that.

The Christmas holidays were coming up, meaning most students were to return home this weekend.

Which meant Talia wouldn't have to deal with Draco's silent treatment up close for a while. She felt like she was being a little dramatic, since it had only been a week. But the two would spend most of their time together, so it hurt a little more than expected.

"So he still hasn't spoken to you?" Hannah asked as they were packing their trunks for christmas.

"Nope," Talia answered while looking down at her bag as she put her books away.

"Have you tried talking to him? Wait, nevermind you probably have," Susan added.

Talia sighed, she would try to strike up a conversation with him, but every time she'd open her mouth Draco would just turn so his back was facing her and not listen to what she had to say, even if she was apologising.

She was hoping that Christmas would be a nice break for her to clear her head and get back on track with her work and revise DADA more since Umbridge taught them the bare minimum. 

Talia walked up to the station with her friends, while they were all talking she was beside them in silence, getting caught up in her own thoughts. That was until she felt someone grab her shoulders from behind.

She didn't jump because she knew that it was Teddie from his loud 'BOO!' that he exclaimed just before he tried to scare her.

"Ready for Christmas?," he asked, as he had his arm around Talia and started to wave her side to side to try and get an annoyed reaction from her. But Talia didn't seem phased by Teddie's antics.

She simply shrugged as a response, causing Teddie to pout.

Hannah and Susan were giving the two a cautious look, to make sure Teddie didn't say anything insensitive to their friend without knowing.

"Hey listen, me and the boys were thinking that you could come out with us on Boxing day. We usually hang out then, as you know, and we thought it'd be nice for you to come along with us."

Teddie was referring to the famous lads Boxing day out that has been a tradition since their second year. Cedric would also join them. The older boys meant well when they thought of inviting Talia with them. Almost as a way to continue the tradition. But Talia couldn't help but feel as though she was being invited as a simple replacement for her brother. She didn't want to see herself as replacing him or as him being replaced by her. Because Talia still couldn't believe that he was gone.

The mention of Boxing Day caused her to think about her older brother again. It had been a while as she had other Draco related issues going on. But her being reminded of her brother and how much she missed him brought her back to the place where she was before the distractions. She started to feel guilty. How could Talia forget about her brother so quickly? It wasn't as if she had gotten over him. It was just that she was so caught up in her own little world that she had seemed to momentarily forget about how much she missed him. It was unbelievable to her that she could fail him and his legacy like that.

"Uh, just send me a letter if you wanna join us okay! I gotta catch up with the others."

The sound of the train's horn sent Talia back to reality where she realised that she had reached the train station with her friends just in front of her. Hannah and Susan shooed away Teddie when they saw Talia deep in thought.

"Come on, let's find a compartment," Hannah said to her friend as she guided her into the train. 

The train ride home was quiet for Talia. She spaced out while her friends continued their previous conversation. Hannah and Susan were keeping a constant eye on her to make sure she was okay, but they also didn't want to pressure the girl to say anything in front of the boys.

"Oh Talia, we're here, wake up."

Justin was shaking her awake which startled Talia, she hadn't realised that she fell asleep. She swatted the boy off of her and watched as he giggled to himself.

The Hufflepuffs left the train and hugged each other goodbye, promising to write to each other and hopefully meet up.

After taking a moment for herself to gather her thoughts, Talia started to look around the station for her dad. She saw him with the older Hufflepuff boys as they caught up. Talia couldn't help smiling to herself at how happy her dad was to see the boys.

As she made her way towards them, she heard a voice that caused a shiver to go down her spine.

"Okay Draco, we must get on our way now," Lucius said to his son, with his cane pushing against Draco's back.

The two caught each other's eyes, both with a small frown. She wanted to go up to him and apologise one last time, and Draco must have sensed that Talia wanted to talk to him. So he simply shook his head, gently of course so his father would not notice.

It seemed as though Talia would not be able to fix things between the two. What did that mean for their relationship? Were they broken up now?

They hadn't officially spoken about where they were now since Draco refused to speak to her.

"Talia, darling! Over here!"

Amos' voice turned Talia's attention to him.

With a smile she walked over to her dad, and noticed the boys were now gone.

"Come on now dear. Let's get you home and make you a nice cuppa tea," he said as the two apparated in front of their home.