Chapter 19

His body had been moved to a more appropriate location and was to be buried next week for his funeral.

Talia and Amos were sitting in Dumbledore's office, waiting for him to return from other matters he was handling.

By Talia's side stood Professor Sprout, who had her hand on Talia's shoulders in hopes of providing her comfort. She had stopped crying shortly after her father stood her up so they could take his body, she wanted to stop crying to make things easier for everyone around her, so she did.

Amos' leg bounced up and down, waiting for Dumbledore, the cup of tea that must have been cold was spilling onto the plate it was on as he did so. It was nice of them, Talia thought. To offer them tea while they waited.

Finally, Professor Dumbledore emerged through the doors, walking towards his desk. Amos stood, forgetting about the tea in his hand and accidentally dropping the cup, which Sprout picked up for him, which he thanked her for of course.

"I am truly sorry to keep you waiting," Dumbledore said as he picked up a bowl on his desk, "Lemon sherbet?" he offered, Talia and her father both shook their heads, but Sprout took one and popped the sweet into her mouth.

"Cedric didn't deserve what happened, he was an excellent student and was going to amount to great things, I am truly sorry for your loss," he continued. He walked to Amos and put his hand on his shoulder, and gestured to him to sit down. He then looked down at Talia, who was still seated.

"Miss Diggory, I understand if you feel like you would be unable to continue with your exams this year, and for that reason I have decided it would be appropriate to have you return home with your father," he said, now with his hand on Talia's shoulder. She nodded, her hearing had returned and she heard every word he said clearly. She felt a hand on hers and saw her father, looking at her with a smile, but his eyes were filled with sadness.

Dumbledore went back behind his desk and sat down, he cleared his throat and said "If it is alright with you, I would like to speak to your father alone for a minute." Amos' head shot up, he gave Dumbledore a confused look waiting for an explanation which he didn't give.

"Professor Sprout, would you mind taking Miss Diggory to her room to collect some of her belongings, I'm sure we can arrange for someone to bring the rest of her stuff to her later," he said. And with that, Sprout waited for Talia to stand and led her to her room, a hand on her upper back in hopes that it would somewhat comfort her. Talia looked back at her father before she left the room and he gave her a small nod before turning back round to Dumbledore.

Talia and Sprout had reached her room, but she didn't do anything. She just stood in her room, looking around not knowing exactly what to do.

"Are you alright dear? Would you like me to help?" Sprout asked the quiet girl but she shook her head.

"Would you like me to stay here or wait outside?" Sprout asked again, but Talia just shrugged her shoulders. Sprout let out a sigh and walked towards the girl, and rubbed her arms.

"Would you like to sit down for a little bit dear?" Sprout asked, hoping Talia would actually answer her this time, and she did. She nodded and Sprout led her to her bed to sit down and then stood in front of her, holding her shoulders.

"You can cry my dear, it's okay to cry."

And just like that, Talia started crying again. She sobbed as Sprout brought her into her arms, letting the girl cry and comforting her. And they stayed there a while.

When Talia finally packed a few things she met her father outside of Hogwarts and the two used a portkey to return home. The atmosphere was completely different at their home compared to Hogwarts. It felt like everything was okay when they walked in, but they both knew it wasn't.