Chapter 40

Just one minute alone was all that Talia needed to get herself together.

She considered skipping DADA since it was her last class of the day but then she realised Draco may notice her absence. The last thing she wanted was for Draco to think he had such an impact on her.

Talia rushed to the bathroom so she could clean herself up before class, and managed to run past Hannah and Ernie, both of which noticed their friend's hurry.

As she looked for an empty stall, Talia kept wiping her eyes as she had been crying the whole way back from the Astronomy Tower.

The second she found an empty stall she closed the door and the seat, sat down and let out a sob.

The other girls in the bathroom did not back an eye at this, as it was close to the NEWTS and they were used to the sound of girls crying in the bathroom at this time.

Although neither had spoken to the other in some time, it still hurt that he would rather end things than try and work on their relationship.

After a few minutes Talia heard a gentle knock at the door. Her sobs had become sniffles at this point.

"Lia? It's Hannah, can you let me in?"

Talia unlocked the door to let Hannah in.

The minute she saw the state of her friend her heart broke for her. She crouched down and put her hands on Talia's knees.

"What happened?," she asked with a worried look.

Talia shook her head whilst playing with her hands. "Its, it's over. He dumped me," Hannah let out a sigh when she said this, "and he wouldn't tell me, tell me what I needed to know, about Cedric."

Hannah could not stop herself from dropping her head from disappointment.

"Lia, you shouldn't be with someone who would keep such a secret, it's not what you deserve. I think it's a blessing that things ended, surely you expected this to happen eventually."

Talia shook her head again, "I don't know, I- It was just so sudden, I don't know what I expected."

Now that Talia's headache from crying had gone, she was able to think straight.

"Do you think he broke up because he knew something?"

Hannah furrowed her eyebrows, not wanting to honestly answer the question. "I don't know Lia, I honestly think it's best you forget about him altogether and focus on yourself," Hannah answered, which was what she truly thought.

This relationship with Draco had been taking a turn for the worst, especially after Harry claimed Lucius Malfoy was present during Cedric's murder. It was clear he was keeping something from her and it was not fair to Talia, after everything she had been through.

After a moments silence Hannah asked, "Do you want to go back to our room?"

Talia shook her head and sniffed, 'No, I shouldn't. We should be getting to class.'

As they left the bathroom, they saw Ernie waiting for them.

"There you are, come on, I can't be asked for Umbridge to take off any points for us.  You alright Talia?" Ernie asked as soon as he noticed his friends demeanour.

She nodded and Hannah linked their arms together.

"Ernie, do you mind swapping with Talia for the rest of the year?" Hannah asked.

"Um, I don't know about that, Malfoy can be a bit of a-"

"Ernie, you're swapping with Lia for the rest of the year," Hannah interrupted the boy, correcting the question to be a demand.